Extraction

"HQ, this is 82nd Airborne Lieutenant Bert. We need immediate evac at Grid 2507 323. We have about 150 people left." Said Bert into Isabelle's Radio Handset.

"Copy Lieutenant Bert, We're sending you multiple air vehicles. Please deploy a flare in your immediate area." Came the reply. Isabelle passed Bert a flare which he ignited and threw at the ground next to them. "The Vietcong are regrouping in the south and northeast." Said Scooter. "Alright. We just need to sit tight and wait for evac. Get the wounded in a good position where they can return fire." Said Bert.

A sniper bullet struck a tree next to Bert. "Sniper!" He yelled. Scooter got into position and tried to track down the sniper which was made easier by the muzzle flash of the enemy sniper's gun. Scooter delivered a bullet into the sniper's head. "Incoming!" Yelled one of the platoon commanders from down the line. More gunshots popped in the distance. Bert dropped his weapon and picked up a Kalashnikov from a fallen Vietcong soldier. He removed the magazine from the weapon and checked his round count. He had eighteen in the magazine. He crouched down to the dead VC Soldier and took two magazines from his belt. He stuffed them into his webbing and returned fire.

Bert looked over at where Joe, Mic and Ernie had set up a machine gun placement. He noticed a strange stick land next to them that looked like a potato masher. "ERNIE, GRENADE!" Ernie looked around until he saw what he was looking for. He quickly grabbed the handle of the grenade and threw it towards the north which was where the majority of Vietcong were. The grenade exploded in midair causing the shrapnel to shoot upwards. Ernie nodded to Bert in thanks. "Isabelle?" Said Bert. Isabelle turned and looked over to Bert. "Radio Hammerhead-1. They'll give us air support." Isabelle nodded and took her radio off her backpack so she could use it. "Hammerhead-1 this is Corporal Isabelle Bowser. I need you to get us air support. Is that possible?" "This is Hammerhead 1, We have finished resupply and we are ready to go. What's your location?" Came the reply. "We are at 2507 323." "Copy. We're on our way."

"They're getting closer!" Said Scooter who had ditched his sniper rifle and was using an AKM to fight off the enemy horde in front of him. Ernie slapped the magazine into the bottom of his M16A1 and began firing. A deafening sound erupted from the sky above as multiple Huey gunships began flying overhead and shooting down at the Vietcong with M60 machine guns. Several Chinook helicopters began to land next to the US Soldiers. "Everyone, make your way to the choppers now!" Yelled Bert. The teams began to load onto the helicopters with the wounded in tow. Bert signalled for them to take off and they did. Another Huey gunship approached the area and landed next to Bert and everyone else in his squad. "Move!" Yelled Bert as he began covering his team as they moved. Bert got into the helicopter and they took off as the Vietcong began to charge their position. 

Pete Zacheese (The door gunner) continued to fire his high-powered M60 machine gun at the enemy guerillas. "Is this everyone?" asked Bert. He turned around and saw his entire team. Ernie, Scooter, Samuse, Isabelle, Joe and himself.