Chapter eight- Didnt mean it and London?

“So are you?” I looked at Logan “my sister” Logan sighed “Your parents will watch your sister” I nodded and Logan walked out. “James come out” James poked his head out the door. “Why?” he asked. “ill move out here” he smiled and walked out. “Thank you Skyler” I nodded as he laid down. “Will you sing to me?” he asked. “I cant sing” he rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone. I noticed his eyes were red a puffy from crying. He hit something then I my voice started coming out the phones little speaker. “Really? You write songs and sing then say you cant” “Maybe I don’t want to sing” he smiled “you have been singing me to sleep for awhile. I listen to it every night. I reminds me you are there for me” I smiled and kissed his cheek “of course James. But im still not singing” he chuckled “I tried” I watched as he pluged in his headphones then laid back down. He closed his eyes and held my hand. “James..” he raised his eyebrows. I pulled out a headphone “stop squeezing my hand” I whispered “Sorry” he loosed his grip and drifted to sleep.

The next morning James walked to the kitchen in sweat pants and a tank top. His eyes still red and puffy. “Hungry?” I asked. “No…wait Skyler!” he hugged me I laughed “I have been here since yesterday remember?” he thought about it. “Right! Uh about you moving here…” he stopped talking. “You didn’t mean it did you..its fine I was only coming for a week anyways” he looked at me I saw something in his eyes and but he didn’t say anything.  It hurt knowing he didn’t mean it. I sat at the table and started eatting. James grabbed an apple and looked at me. He leaned against the counter his eyes never leaving me. “Im sorry” he says. “For what?” he sighed “having you agree to stay here” I nodded “I know I would hurt if I was told that” I nodded again. “so I did hurt your feelings?” I looked at him. I smiled “no I understand” he nodded “so who was the song for?”

“What song?”

“Love alone”

“oh uh ex boyfriend”

“Your lying” He sat across from me “Now tell me who it was for” I shook my head “Why do you care?” I asked.

“Because you are like a sister to me” only a sister? 

“Well its none of your business”

“I just want to know maybe I can help you two get-“

“James I don’t need your help. I know he doesn’t love me the way I love him!”

“Fine I guess I wont help you get a boyfriend…I just wanted to be a good friend” he said. I sighed and went up to get my bag. I leaving. I’m not going home. I’m not staying here. I’m going away. Maybe London. I always wanted to go there. I pulled my laptop out and got a ticket. I went to the bathroom and shut the door. I took a shower and then got dressed I walked back to the guest room and James was looking at my laptop. “Y-your going to L-London?” he stuttered. “Yea. Why?” he looked at me. “when will you be back?” I shrugged “whenever I come back” I sat on the bed and brushed my hair. I heard him click something and he was silent. I looked at my screen. He was reading the letter I wrote to him. “James stop reading that!” I shut the laptop and James looked at me. “I wasn’t done” he said. “I don’t care you cant read that…how far did you get?” I asked. “Not far just to the part about your sister” I sighed in relief. “okay well I need to get going” I packed my laptop and grabbed my bag. James said something but I didn’t catch it. “What?” he said it again not much louder. “James I cant here you. You are whispering and im on the other side of the room” James stood up and held me by my shoulders. “I said…you know what never mind have fun in London”