Chapter 4 Adjusting

PREVIOUSLY

"You were worried... is that so?" Jimin then giggled. It made him happy to hear that Taehyung had been thinking about him this whole time just like he was.

As Taehyung listened to his best friend's giggling, he felt his heartbeat faster, for reasons he didn't understand. He decided to put the thought aside for now. He was just happy to be with his best friend again.

PRESENT

October 5th
3rd's POV

It's been two weeks now since Jimin started living in the Kim residence. During the first day of his stay, everyone was very welcoming and accommodating to him, except for Jungkook, he didn't count, they argued and were constantly competing against each other, from who could eat faster to who danced better, but nonetheless he was able to adjust quickly. Although unlike what he wanted to happen, he and Taehyung didn't spend as much time as he thought they would.

While in school, they didn't really interact, since they sat separately and Jimin went through the effort to avoid Taehyung so he wouldn't figure out about his situation. After lunch, they usually had different classes, and by the end of the day, Taehyung had work and arrives home late.

Even during weekends, Taehyung rarely had days off. Still, when he did, all three of them spent time together, if you could call Jungkook hogging his precious Tae-hyungie all to himself, while Jimin and Taehyung awkwardly interact with each other, as them spending time together.

As for his parents, they've been doing well. They made calls every day and send messages to one another to keep each other updated. Jimin also informed them about the construction of their house, almost being done in two more weeks.

While Yoongi was nearing in closing the deal with the client and Hoseok was almost done with the tour he was working with.

Now, it was five in the morning when Jimin heard a soft bark coming from outside the house, Jimin took a quick glance at the window to see the familiar sight of Yeontan happily barking early in the morning with his collar on and the person who held him in their arms was Taehyung. It was such a sweet and serene scene it was making Jimin's heart race.

It surprised him the first time he saw Taehyung awake so early in the morning, considering he always stayed up late until 12 o'clock in the morning to do more work

It surprised him the first time he saw Taehyung awake so early in the morning, considering he always stayed up late until 12 o'clock in the morning to do more work. He couldn't phantom how Taehyung was able to handle balancing everything from school, work, and personal life all at once. He must be exhausted. Speaking of exhausted, Jimin was still feeling tired, so he closed his eyes and let the sleep claim him back to bed.