December 4th: Ride

A/N: I'm soo sorry this isn't close to what I've written before. I had a lot less time to get it done. 

Oliver stood with his back against the elevator wall. He was alone and he was on his way to a work meeting. He had to get this job. He wanted to move up from his current job and this would mean a raise, better hours and a better location. It was everything Oliver wanted at the moment and he'd made sure he'd be there in time. In fact he was half an hour early. You didn't know if you could beat traffic, after all. Oliver had done that, beaten traffic, but you could never be certain.

Oliver never took things for granted. He was the type of man who got up at four am to be sure he was going to be on time for work. He was the type of man who wrote down what to cook for dinner each and every day and he stuck by it. Oliver was a man with control. The only thing he did which was even slightly immoral was having the ability to hack, though he hadn't used that skill in ages.

He studied himself in the elevator mirror, pushing his glasses up further on his nose and making sure his hair lay perfectly.

The elevator stopped on the third floor and the doors opened. Oliver turned his gaze from the mirror to watch the man who entered the elevator. He looked stunning. He had dark hair and bristly beard over his jawline. He wore a dark suit and he studied Oliver with a smirk.

Oliver felt himself heat up in his face as he turned his gaze away as the doors closed yet again.

”I haven't seen you around before” the man stated and Oliver nodded mutely.

”What are you doing here?” the man continued as Oliver didn't answer.

”I uh... job interview” he stated and the man nodded with a grin. “I see.”

Oliver remained quiet, though keeping his eyes on the man as the elevator continued upwards. He closed his eyes for a second, wanting to focus on the interview rather than the god sent man before him. He was trying to get in the mood just as he literally felt the earth shaking. First he wasn't sure whether it was the presence of the other man making his legs feel like spaghetti but soon he came to the realization that the earth was actually moving.

“Earthquake” the man sighed just before the elevator went completely dark. It stopped moving and the two were trapped.

“Oh, great” he sighed while Oliver drew a hard breath. This was so far off from his controlling nature you just would get and on top of that he worried that the elevator would shake until it actually fell all the way down. Would they survive that? Oliver was a smart man and he was well aware that it wasn't in his odds at all.

“Hey, you okay?” the man asked, pulling his cellphone up and using the light in it as a flashlight, directing it at Oliver's face.

“I'm fine. I'm just... not looking forward to this elevator crashing towards our death” Oliver panted out and the man smiled. Oliver could see that from the light of the cellphone.

“What's your name?”

“I'm Oliver”

“Nice to meet you, Oliver. Let's sit down, okay?” he asked and pulled Oliver down on the floor next to him.