December 6th: Burgers and Bridges

Summary: Oliver is a fanboy.

Connor Walsh. Perfection embodied. He was pale with dark brown hair, always cut in some trendy hairstyle, his bristly beard always the same, never too grown out yet enough for Oliver to imgine it tickle against his own skin if they ever were to kiss.

As if though.

Oliver was not anywhere near his standards to say the least. Connor was a celebrity. He had written a book in law, everyone knew he'd slept his way to the top and nobody cared because Connor was Connor. He had this aura about him. That's why when he was on the latest hottest TV-show he had people drooling all over him and Oliver, hopelessly, was one of them.

Oliver kept scrolling through the actor's instagram, falling harder and harder for the idea of even meeting the man, having coffee with him, or drinks with him or just... watching him.

With a sigh he put his phone away, pulling the duvet over his head again and trying to go back to sleep.

When the morning arrived and Oliver checked his phone again he noticed that Carl, one of his closest friends, had texted. 'got a bday surprise for u, get ready and we'll get going at two.'

Oliver's birthday was basically just around the corner. In a couple of days he'd be twenty seven and Carl knew that Oliver didn't want to be thinking about that. He was still working with what he'd done when he turned eighteen. He was still not having a boyfriend, his parents were still clueless to that he was gay and each year he got older they kept asking about when he'd meet his princess and give them grandchildren. He didn't have the heart to tell the truth, that they'd never have grandkids.

He, however was curious to what Carl had planned for a birthday-surprise. Oliver did like some surprises after all. After a quick check up on the clock he realized he had about three hours to go and after a quick shower and cup of coffee he sat down with his phone, checking Connor's instagram again.

Once in the car he didn't get anything out of him. He couldn't even know where they were going, but it was to take it's time. Carl said he had a business meeting and that Oliver would patiently have to wait and see what was up. That was one type of surprise he was horrible with. He preferred surprises where he knew what the surprise actually was. Carl knew that much, but clearly that wasn't information worthy of putting in use. Oliver's nerves didn't get better when Carl opened his mouth again.

“Trust me, you wouldn't even want to know”

“What, why wouldn't I want to know?”

“Because you would refuse to do it” Carl said simply, before he smiled reassuringly at Oliver. “Don't worry, you'll like it”

Oliver stared at him in disbelief as they continued driving forward.

They arrived in San Francisco hours later and Oliver still hadn't gotten it out of him where they were going and why. He had seen the signs before they drove into the city and they pulled over outside a building.

“I've got to go, I seriously do have a work thing. I'll pick you up here when I'm done. You just go into this building and, well, have fun”

“Are you kidding me?” Oliver asked, watching him with a confused face and Carl grinned wider. “I'm not kidding you. Are you going or do I have to be a parent and walk you in?”