Baby Mariano

We all know that at the end of season three, Jess goes to California to find his dad, and ends up staying with him for a little while.

Well what if when he was in California Jess met someone, had a fling and the parted ways. A couple weeks later Jess receives a. It's his ex, Mckenna. She was pregnant and didn't want the baby.

Jess was able to get her to keep the baby with the promise that after it was born, Jess would take it.

Now, nine month later Jess is on his way to Stars Hollow, to get his car, and return home in time to meet his child.

Halfway through the pregnancy, Mckenna had moved to New York to have the baby.

It wasn't part of the plan to see Rory, and definitely wasn't the plan to confess his love to her.

He wished, so much that he could stay with Rory, be with Rory, but he had a baby that was due any minute now, so he got in his car, and drove back to New York.

--

He made it to the hospital moments before she was born, his daughter. When he held her for the first time he sat and thought about names. Finally he picked. Paying some tribute to two people who were very important to him.

So, on February 12th, 2004, Eleanor Lucille was born, or as Jess calls her, Lory.

Jess wasn't certain on how to take care of a baby. He knew the basics, but everything it took to keep a small human alive, he was kind of freaking out.

So, he did what he does best. He went to a bookstore and bought a few books. He read up on everything.

He could do this.

He had to do this.

It was all up to him.