Wedding Dates and Telling Rory

Luke's POV

I decided to put my knowledge to the test and ask Lorelai to go to the wedding with me.

I pull up to the Dragonfly, and see her walking up from the back.

"Luke? Hi," she says.

"Hey. Where are you coming from?"

"Oh, you know, the zucchini patch," she replies.

"Huh?" I ask, confused.

"It's a long story. No it's short. I slept in the zucchini patch," she says.

"Okay," I respond, pulling hay from her hair.

"So, what are you doing here?" she asks.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you."

"Okay."

"I, uh, got that wedding coming up, Liz's wedding."

"I know."

"And I know you're busy with your to-do list and all, but I think you could use a little break," I tell her.

"Oh, I could use a little break," she replies.

"Take a break with me. Come to the wedding."

"Really?"

"It should be fun. There'll be turkey legs," I add.

"Oh, well, sure," she says.

"Yes?" I ask

"Yes," she replies.

"Good. Yes. Good," I reply.

"All right, then," she says.

"Um, I'll meet you at your house. We'll walk over together, okay?"

"Great."

"Okay. Good, I'll see you then."

"Or before then," she replies.

"Either way is good," I say.

"Yeah, me too," she says.

"Oh, and, uh, you don't have to wear a fruity outfit."

"Oh, I'm gonna be a little fruity," she says.

We both get in our cars and I head back to the diner.

When I get back I go up to the apartment and see Jess sitting in front of the tv with Lory in his lap, both are watching tv.

"What is it with you?" Jess asks me.

I just keep grinning, still happy that Lorelai agreed to go with me. I turn around and pick up the stereo, self help book, and tapes, and put them in Jess' lap next to Lory.

"Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy" I say

Jess' POV

I'm sitting in the square with Lory in her carrier sitting on the bench next to me. Lorelai and I make eye contact and we both look away quickly. I had the self help book Luke gave me hidden inside another, and was reading it. 

I'm also certain she saw Lory, and knowing the Gilmores she's probably going to tell Rory. I'm not ready for that.

Lory was grabbing for the toys there were dangling from the handle of her carrier, babbling happily to herself. I smile and rock her a little, going back to reading. For now all I have to worry about is his sweet thing.

Third Person POV

Lorelai was at the Dragonfly when she got a call from Rory.

"There is so much joy around me, I'm gonna hurl," Rory states.

"Hey, what's wrong?" her mother asks her.

"You should see all the boisterous high-fiving going on all around me. It's sad, it's really sad. Hey, you mind buddy?" Rory says, almost getting ran over

"Kids are in party mode, huh?" Lorelai asks.

"The kids are clicking their heels like there's no tomorrow. And there is no tomorrow for those who do not have a final on Saturday morning such as me, I'm pathetic. I should stand between two of them and have them high-five my head from opposite sides and put me out of my misery," Rory complains.

"Just one more final to go, then you'll," Lorelai responds.

Rory complains a little more before Lorelai decides she needs to bring up what she saw in the square. 

She already knew she was going to have to warn her daughter about her ex being in town, but Rory might keel over and die if she saw Jess with a baby and wasn't prepared.

"You know, I do have one thing to run by you. You think you have the brain power?" Lorelai asks.

"I think I can swing it," Rory states.

Let's hope so.

"It involves the J word"

"Oh, not more about Jesus. I'm sick of him, and Mel Gibson," Rory says.

"Jess," Lorelai corrects.

"Oh, what about him?"

"He's in town for that wedding, and I never know where we stand on the Jessometor, I've been seeing him. I was just wondering if you want me to tell you when I do."

"Sure," Rory responds shortly.

"Really?"

"Why not?"

"Okay. It's just always so weird this J word topic of ours."

"You don't have to refer to him as the J word. Call him Jess and feel free to tell me when you see him," Rory says calmly.

"Okay."

"Limit the reports to just significant sightings. If you see him 100 yards away disappearing behind a corner, I really don't need to know. If he comes up to you and spits in your face, report that," Rory explains.

"Well, would seeing Jess with a baby be a significant sighting?" Lorelai asks.

"What!?" Rory exclames.

"When Jess showed up he had a baby. I don't know how I missed it when I first saw him, but he was sitting on a bench, in the square with a baby," Lorelai says.

"Are you sure if it's his?"

"I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure it's his, Rory."

"Wow."

"Yeah, and- Oh, hah!" Lorelai yells.

"What?"

"There's a horse in the dining room," Lorelai says.

"What?" Rory asks, confused.

"Cletus is in the dining room," Lorelai states.

"Why?"

"He heard about the errific continental breakfast. I don't know. I gotta go look into this."

"Okay, bye," Rory says, still shocked about the news about Jess.