5

Amber POV

"Next time you come over we can go for a swim, yeah?"

Was he serious ? He was already talking about next time! Oh my gosh I just want to hug and kiss him.

"Yes, that sounds lovely"

We stood there smiling at each other until he said "So, I figured that we could make dinner together? That's why it isn't ready yet"

Awhhh that is so sweet

"I would love to, I love cooking. What are we making?"

"Pasta" he smiled. I love pasta and I loved how he said it even more, I love his accent because then he pronounced it past-a.

We started to prepare the dinner, I started boiling the noodles while he got started on the sauce.

"So you said you work at a Salon?" He asked and he looked so curious. He seemed like the time to really listen.

"Yes, I do but only part time because I was in school but I had my last final yesterday so I assume I will be going to full time soon, I need the money to make my own business."

"What do you do at the salon?"

"I do hair and makeup, I also have a license in nails but I don't really like doing that unless I have to" I laughed

He smiled and I melted again

"You want your own business?"

"Yes, hopefully some day. My friend Annie and I want to have our own salon" I smiled

"Well I hope you make it, maybe someday you can do my hair" he said as he pretended to dramatically flip it

I started laughing and he just looked at me and smiled.

"What?"

"I just love your laugh"

I could faint right here and right now he is so sweet.

"Thank you" I smiled

We finished up dinner and he made our plates as I sat down at the table. He handed me my food and it looked delicious.

I took a bite and moaned

"You like it?" He asked with a grin

"I love it"

"Good... tell me about yourself" he seemed curious

"What do you want to know?"

"Tell me about your family"

That is when I went quiet.

"Is something wrong, Amber?"

"No, no sorry. I'm an only child and I just don't speak to my parents that often. Well, I talk to my mom occasionally but I haven't talked to my dad in a really long time."

"How come?" He asked

I knew he would ask. But I can't lie to him. I don't want him to pity me but I can't lie to him. Never.

"Well um, my father was a douche bag"

He looked at me, waiting for me to elaborate

"He um used to beat me"

Shock overtook his face, along with sadness. "I'm so sorry" he frowned

"It's okay, Harry. It was a long time ago and my mom never did anything because she was scared that he would take his anger out on her too but I never forgave her fully for leaving me to be beaten the times he would just come home drunk. They would be for stupid reasons, too, like if I left my laptop on the coffee table." I looked down and played with my food because I didn't want to see his reaction but somehow I trusted him more than anyone.