Chapter 2-Feuding

"I know you had something to do with this Mitsuhide, just admit it!"

Akira had just finished tying her obi when she heard a commotion outside the tent. Grumbling silently to herself about her predicament, she opens the flap and steps out to see two men in the center of the make-shift camp. She had donned a simple kimono, and over that sat a haori-both neutral in color. One has brown shaggy hair, is donned mostly in green armor, and clearly aggravated. The other one has white hair, mostly white clothing and blue armor, with a sly grin on his face. He's probably Mistuhide.

"I know you tried to kill our lord, damn it!"

Akira spots Nobunaga in the corner of her eye, leaning against a tree watching the two argue. His vassals.

"Now now Hideyoshi, no need to get upset." Mistuhide says, tone even and flat with a hint of mischievous in his voice. "Why you-" Hideyoshi grabs Mitsuhide by his collar and lifts him up. Seeing that Nobunaga isn't going to do anything about the conflict, Akira walks up and places her hand over Hideyoshi's wrist, and pulls him off of Mistuhide. Shock crowds both of their faces, and Akira drops his hand as she begins to speak.

"You shouldn't jump to conclusions so easily." She points to Mistuhide. "He doesn't look anything like the guy who tried to kill him." Hideyoshi's face twists. "What? First, who are you, and second, you saw him?" Akira watches Nobunaga's stern face morph into curiosity.

"Who do you think pulled him out?" She indicates to Nobunaga. "The name's Akira. And your friend here is too scrawny. The guy I saw was broad shouldered and really tall. Taller than Mitsuhide anyway."

"If he started the fire, then why would he still be in there?"

"Your lord's door was barred shut. I had to break it to get into his room."

"And how am I supposed know you didn't start the fire?"

"Why would I? I prefer to say as far away from warlords as I can. I didn't even know who he was until after I saved his life. The only reason I stuck around was because he offered me a change of clothes." Akira blinks. "Speaking of sticking around," She turns to Nobunaga. "I'm leaving." She slightly bows her head. "Thank you for the clothes."

Akira turns away from the astonished lords and walks into the forest. Hideyoshi turns to his lord. "What are your orders?" "Pack up." Nobunaga walks past his vassals. "And send Masamune after her."

Published August 7th, 2020