Chapter 7-Protector and the Protected

Akira was making her rounds when she heard the commotion. Twice a day, she would walk around, and see if she could assist anywhere. Making rounds. It seems now was one of those times. The sharp crack of wood was heard next, and that was when she started running.

She turns the corner, and sees a maid trying to stop two clearly aggravated guards. Both of them are arguing, yelling at the other. There's a crack in the wall behind one of the guards, the one with brown eyes, from where the guard with green eyes was pinning him.

A plea is all she can get out before green eyes drops his opponent, and punches the maid in the jaw, releasing a sickening crack. Akira's reaction completely skips surprise, and goes right to anger. The woman collapses to the floor, and as Akira calls out the them to stop, brown eyes kicks her as she lies on the ground, clutching her jaw in pain.

As the man chambers for another kick, she grabs his arm, wrenching him back off balance and sending him through the paper wall. She glares down the other one as he draws his blade.

"You bitch!"

Akira moves to dodge, but the man on the floor grabs her ankle, pulling her down to his level. All it does is slow her down-enough that the sword lacerates the outside of her forearm. Reaching out with her opposite arm, she grabbed his sword hand, and gripped tight-loosening his hold. Sliding down to his wrist, she puts as much pressure as she can on his vein, and his grasp on the steel falters.

The sword clatters as it falls, and Akira reverses her hold, kicking out his knee, and sends him tumbling alongside his friend. After all, that was the only conclusion. Two friends get into an argument, and a maid tries to break up the disturbance which just pisses the both of them off. That's the only reason that they would both turn on the maid, and why they would team up against her. Sometimes she hated how well she could read people, but in this case it was good to know.

Swinging her leg back, pulling brown eyes with her, Akira whips him off her. Then, the vibrations start. Footsteps. With a grimace at how her current situation is turning out, she crudely wraps her left arm, and covers the wound with her yukata sleeve. Seeing her injured at this point would just make things worse.

Hideyoshi turns the corner, and Akira meets his harsh eyes. He looks away from her and begins examining the scene as soldiers rush up behind him. Before a word is spoken, green eyes speaks up from his place on the floor.

"She tried to kill us!"

His voice was meek and frail, much different from the curse he spewed out earlier. She had to get stuck with the actors, didn't she. Annoyed and frustrated at the likely outcome of the situation, Akira stares him dead in the eye, her intent to scare clear.

"If I wanted to kill you, you'd be dead already."

This surprises the guard so much that he shuts his mouth, and his friend stays smart enough to keep his mouth closed. The maid pushes herself off the ground, clutching her jaw. Akira rushes to her side, and supports her as she stands. Hideyoshi comes over next, and gently shifts the support to him, walking her to the doctor that had arrived with his men. This surprised Akira, as she expected to be yelled at. Perhaps it was the maid's influence. Before he leaves with his men, he turns back to look at Akira.

"I expect to see you at war council."

The look in his eyes was cold.

The screens move along the rails, parting for her entrance into the hall. This time, instead of just the warlords she knew, most of Nobunaga's vassals were there. Seems she caused quite the commotion, and everyone wanted to see the drama. In the center, closest to Nobunaga, was Masamune, Ieyasu, Hideyoshi, Mitsunari, and Mitsuhide. They lined the open space in front of the lord, and already sitting in front of him were the two guards. Since she had last seen them, they had gotten medical treatment. It made her own wound throb.