Say what?

"Are you kidding me!?" Starlet throws a tantrum on my bed and I sigh in annoyance.

"Look it's just a party I can always go to the next one another time. I promise." I sit beside Starlet and she frowns. "I'm just not a party person Star, I'm sorry but I know you'll have fun."

She gets up off the bed and stares right through my soul. I can feel the tension and I look the other way. "I'm not changing my mind even if you do that. Like I said, just go." I pat her back and walk downstairs to grab myself a soda.

Don't get me wrong, a party could really be a big help but I'm not sure if I want to do this right now. I have so much going through my head with Sam and everything, I can't just let it pass.

As I make my way to the fridge for a soda I can hear Star's footsteps as she walks down the stairs. "What is it." I roll my eyes.

"I mean if you don't go I guess I'll just have to call Sam myself to get you." She starts dialing and I try as fast as I could to yank the phone. She laughs and runs the other way. "You're not turning this party down Vee!" She yells across the hallway from me.

I scratch my head in frustration and gulp down my soda. "How did you even get his number!?"

"Let's just say it's the one and only Star's way. Of course he's gonna give it to me if it deals with you silly." Suddenly I hear Sam' voice off her phone. My eyes widen and I gulp. She takes him off speaker and puts the phone close to her ear.

"Hey Sam are you going to that party tonight? I was just wondering if it's alright that you pick up Vee for me. I kind of feel bad if I don't get her because ehm, lady problems." She says in a sweet tone and I groan.

"I hate you so much." I mouth to her and she throws a wink at me.

"Oh you will? Thank you so much, she'll be ready by 6." She hangs up the phone and I look at her speechless. "I mean if you won't listen I'll just have Sam wait for you at your front door." She puts her arms together.

As I walk to the couch to sit I frown. "Star I really don't want to go. This will be my first party in forever. I'm sorry I really just don't see myself in that kind of crowd after you know." Her smile fades and she sits besides me. I let out a sigh and she wraps her arms around me.

"Vee, this is your chance to enjoy yourself again. You're always studying like when are you going to take a break and just live for a little? I understand it deals with your dad and all and the bills but stop blaming yourself for something that isn't even your fault."

A tear rolls down my cheek and I lay my head on her shoulder. "Do you think this party will be good for me?"

"I know it will."

——

"This dress is so damn tight on me." I look in the mirror as the dress hugs on my curves as Star circles around me. "Star the dress-"

"Is perfect." She cuts me off. "Now let's see what we can do with that hair of yours."

"Wait. If Sam's going with me who's going with you?" She gives me a smile and winks.

"I got hoes Vee. Duh." She laughs and takes out the curling iron I haven't used for over two years.

As she begins to curl my hair Star's phone begins to ring. I look at the corner of my eye to see a unknown number calling. I curiously take her phone and look up at her. "Who's this?"