The Party

He smiles with an evil glare in his eyes. "It's been so long, Violet." His deep raspy voice has me gulp as he comes closer.

"What do you want now?" I roll my eyes to turn from his view. He chuckles and leans forward.

"Violet you haven't changed since we last saw each other." The same British accent gives me nostalgia, last time we've spoken was two years ago. I haven't seen him since. He's definitely become more charming and more attractive. I cough and look straight at his face. "I have a date, I think you should leave."

He looks around and smiles. "I don't see anyone dear, why don't we catch up on things." He pulls my waist in and I gulp. "What's wrong? You don't seem to be enjoying yourself."

"Leave me alone Edward." I move from his hand as he raised his eyebrow.

"Vee." I hear Sam's voice and I let out a breath of relief. I walk next to Sam grabbing him by the arm. "Are you alright?" He asks and I nod.

"So you must be her date." Edward snaps and turns his eyes back on me.

Sam steps forward now in front of Edward and smirks. "Seems like she's not interested. Leave the lady alone."

Edward chuckles and leans even closer to Sam just a few inches shorter than he is. His jaw clenched and stares directly at Sam without blinking.

"You must not know who you're dealing. You best get out of my fucking way." His breath becomes heavier and I grab Sam's arm more tightly as I look around the ballroom to see everybody staring at the scene they are causing.

"Sam forget it let's go." I try to pull on his arm but he refuses. He doesn't leave his eyes from Edward.

"If I ever see you near Vee again I will give you hell that not even you could bear." He walks away from Edward with a smirk and looks down at me. "I'm sorry I left you princess." He winks and adjusts his tuxedo.

Are you serious? One second we were about to cause a scene in front of literally everybody the next you're acting as if nothing happened? Who the fuck even is this guy?

The bass of the music was so loud you could feel it vibrate through the floor. The smell of alcohol and weed fills my nose, lights are shunned everywhere as we make our way to a room filled with pool tables and drunk people.
We sit down near a couple who're making out and on the other side a group of people sitting and vibing to the music.

"Want a drink princess?" He asks me and I shake my head. "Sorry about earlier, I didn't want to cause a scene." He doesn't look directly at me as he says those words, but he looks down with guilt as his jaw clench. I giggle.

"Sorry for what? You literally saved me, he could've-" before I could speak he cuts me off and shoots his head up to face me.

"Who is he, Violet." He asks and I gulp. I was hoping he wouldn't have asked me that.

I pause for a moment to take a deep breath. I never wanted to speak about this again, especially to Sam. Two years and I finally seem to be breaking out of the torture I was put through. I feel as though I'm about to have a break down at this point. "Nothing serious. He's just a guy that I thought I could trust since I you know, we were together." The words finally came out and I felt like I was about to breakdown. I never thought I'd have to bring it up again.

"I'm sorry Vee." A tear falls down my cheek and I shake my head. Sam's eyes began to soften as he holds my knee.

"Don't be, it was the past." I laugh wiping the tear away.

"Hey Sam." I hear a familiar voice. Oh god here comes the annoying bitch. "Want to dance?" Ashley smiles and holds out a hand for Sam.

Who would've thought this night could've gotten worse. First Edward now Ashley. Great.

Sam looks at me with hesitation and I shrug my shoulders. "It's fine I'll be okay." I smile and he nods. Ashley looks back at me and rolls her as she takes Sam by the hand.

"I won't be long." He says as he makes his way to the dance floor.

I knew I shouldn't have come. There was no point in this, it would've honestly been better if I had just stayed home. I don't even know where Star is, I'm sure she's enjoying herself I wouldn't want to disturb that for her. I look around to the room full of people dancing, I sigh in annoyance and watch the clock tick.

"Is this seat taken?" A man had asked me. My body stiffens and I look to the corner of my eye to a man in his early fifties smile down with a glass of wine in his hand. I gulp, I have nothing to say.

The smell of alcohol and a strong cologne that I can't make out surrounds him. "Well my friend's dancing at the moment, sure."

Vee you dumb ass what if he kidnaps you! I swear I can't even think sometimes. I look the other way to avoid contact and bob my head to the music.

"Wasn't the party I expected." The man says and my body, frozen again. I turn to see him looking straight at me, my heart begins to race.

"I was thinking the same. I was expecting much more of a hang out rather than an actual dress up party." I smile and turn away again to avoid talking.

Now this man is creeping me out, I think I should just leave.

I hear him chuckle and suddenly it's my time to leave. "I should get going." I smile as I grab my purse.

"I'd be careful if I were you." His smile fades and stares right through my eyes. My body begins to shake and I quickly make my way from his presence.

"What's the rush?" I finally see Sam making his way to me. I laugh and shake my head trying to move from his direction.

I look back at the man who keeps his eyes on me. "I should really get going, it's getting late and I don't want my mom to worry about me." Sam stops me and looks me in the eyes.

"Princess tell me." He looks at me with worry and my heart calms down at the look of his face.

My body feels warm and all I could do is just stare at him all night. This is beyond wrong, I know I shouldn't even be doing this. Sam takes a look around the room and there his eyes stop. I look up at him eyeing the same man that was staring at me. "Can we just go, please." I ask.

Sam looks back down at me and looks back at the man. "I'll be right there. Take the keys to the car. Don't talk to anybody. I'll be there, I promise." He gives me the keys and I nod making my way out of the room. I turn to look back at him and I see Sam walking up to the man that had just been staring at me.

They seem to know each other and panic rushes through me. Sam seems to be smiling as he chats with the man, I shake my head and remember to get back to the car.

As I walk out a tear drips down my face, I wipe it off and continue to walk to the car. It was dark and cold, there was no one outside besides the guards in front of the door way.

I unlock the car getting in the passenger side, closing the door beside me I began to cry.

Hi! Thank you so much for reading to the end of this chapter. I've noticed people adding my book to their library and I'm so beyond happy! Thank you for the 100+ views as well, I hope you all continue to enjoy my work. I'm sorry for the late chapter for this one, I've been busy with personal reasons and I hope you all understand. See you at the next chapter! :)💘