Chapter 2 - 100 Years in the Past

𝗔𝗿𝗰 𝟭: 𝗔 𝗛𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗥𝗲𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗱

-

Everything was dark.

Drip...

Something wet landed on to my face.

Was that... water?

Or...

My body shuddered at the thought.

Drip...

Another liquid landed on me. Testing the movement of my fingers, I felt my digits respond. Raising my hand, I wiped my face dry and finally decided to use my [Magic Perception].

The first thing that I've noticed was the familiar heavy aura that practically suffocates any being with weaker resistance. I focused my magicules to cast aside the heavy power and could finally see the outline of sharp edges that I identified as crystals that surrounded the area.

It was a success.

I realized while in thought, slowly opening my eyes I was met with the sight of the damp pointed rocks and the colorful shine of the magic crystals the littered everywhere inside the cave.

Velderoa's cave.

We went back in time.

...

Wait...

We?

It was only then that I remembered of the others with me. Sitting up, I looked around for any sign of my friends. My non-existent heart was practically pounding when I found myself alone inside the cave, I felt it drop as the familiar feeling of dread came crashing down on me.

They're not here!

I internally screamed, [Magic Perception] now forgotten.

It didn't work!

I'm all alone...

《Calm down, master. 》

I heard Ciel's voice echoing inside my mind.

But they're gone!

I began to panic as I gripped my head on both sides, eyes blurred at the incoming tears that threatened to fall.

They didn't come with me-!

《Master, I sense the presence of both Diablo and Velgaia within the parameter. 》

I stilled at that, as water slowly flowed out from my eyes.

I began to silently cry.

...

They are?

《I have confirmed it, master. 》

At Ciel's words, laughter bubbled out form me as I wiped my eyes in a quick motion.

I look like an idiot...

I was being too emotional.

《...》

《That is a common reaction to have, master. 》

Well to me it's not!

"Lord Rimuru!"

I heard someone call for me as the thump in their footsteps became louder. I glanced over at the side and found myself staring at Diablo who was now kneeling down to my line of sight, looking at me full of concern.