Chapter 5: Oh No

Recap:
I look up and see the face I didn't want to see at the moment. The face that I had a crush on for the longest time. The face I hadn't seen in 5 years.

Winter's POV:

Wow. Perfect timing. Thanks universe I see you're really on my side. I almost ran down the hall. My mom gave me a look. Don't get me wrong, I was so happy to see him. I was just nervous. I still had to go say hi though. He started running towards me so I guess I had to do the same. As I was running towards him, the nerves disappeared and I was just happy to see my best friend again. We eventually met in each others arms.

Me: I missed you so much Bronny.
Bronny. I missed you too. It's been so long.
Me: I know. It's been too long.

We pulled out of the hug and I had to look up at him. That's so weird, cause I remember being taller than him. Well it has been a while I guess.

Me: How've you been, ya know with basketball and everything.
Bronny: It's been great. We ended club season two weeks ago. School tryouts are in two days.
Me: That's awesome. Wait school tryouts are in two days. Oh shit, how did I not remember that.
Bronny: Hahahaha. How's your life been going. I see you've been modeling. Do you still play basketball, volleyball, and soccer.
Me: Yeah. How do you know I've been modeling.

I poke at his arm. I guess I'm flirting now. Great way to start.

Bronny: We follow each other on Instagram, remember.
Me: Right haha, sorry.
Bronny: It's aight. I see you have your schedule.
Me: Oh yeah, I don't know where any of my classes are though.

I look at my watch and we only have ten minutes. I don't have enough time. That's just great.

Me: Oh my god. I'm out of time. I can't find my classes.
Mom: Win, I got to get going, I have to go to the studio.
Me: Ok mom, I'll see you when you pick me up, love you.
Mom: Oh my god, Bronny. You've gotten so big. Your taller than me now. Last time I saw you you were shorter than Winnie.
Bronny: I know that was a while ago. It's good to see you again Mrs. Carter.
Mom: Boy, what did I tell you to call me.
Bronny: Right I forgot, Bey. It's been a while, I completely forgot.
Mom: It's aight. I'll see y'all later. Bye Blue, love you.
Blue: Love you too momma.

Blue runs up to us and hugs Bronny's legs. She looks up at him and smiles. He looks down and smiled back. That was lowkey adorable.

Bronny: Hey baby Blue. I've seen so much about you. It's nice to meet you.
Blue: You too Bronny. Winnie talks about you a lot.
Bronny: Oh does she now.

He looks over at me giving me a side smile. God it's such a cute smile. No Winnie, get your head out of your ass.

Me: Blue what are you talking about. I've only said how I missed him.
Blue: Stop lying. You said how much cute-
Me: Shut up. Go to your class, I saw some kids walk in.
Blue: Fine. I'll see you after school then. Bye Bronny.
Bronny: Bye Blue.

At that moment there was the warning bell. Shit, only five minutes till class starts and ion know where the hell I am. I guess Bronny saw my confused ass face, cause he grabbed my schedule.

Me: Ion know where the hell I am bro. Can you help me please.
Bronny: Aye. We got all the same classes. Except for study hall, but your study hall room is right across from Blue's room.
Me: Oh thank god. At least I'll know someone. This is nerve wracking. No one knows me, what if they hate me.
Bronny: Oh trust me, everyone knows you. All the guys talk about you. It's irritating.
Me: Wtf do you mean, "Everyone knows me."
Bronny: I mean that they know who you are. Probably cause your parents. Or by the amount of times you post on your Instagram story. Dude, if I pretty much know what goes on in your life, then so does everyone else. I remember last year we were going to a basketball game, my team wouldn't shut up about you.
Me: Pff. I i don't post that much. Okay maybe I do, but that's besides the point. I doubt anyone knows me. Your messing with me.
Bronny: Bruh, literally everyone at this school idolizes you. It's scary. Also, stay away from certain guys. They're fucking creepy.
Me: Ugh. Great way to go unnoticed this year. I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

I looked back down at my watch and my eyes go wide.

Me: Shit, Bronny we only have two minutes to get to class.
Bronny: Crap. We can't be late on the first day. Let's go follow me!

We started sprinting. We got to the second floor when the bell rang. There are to many frickin stairs in this school.

Bronny: Shit!!! Late on the first day. Awesome way to start the school year.
Me: Sorry, it was my fault.
Bronny: No it's not. I'll just say that I was showing you around.
Me: Good idea. So should we just catch our breathe and then walk. I mean we're already late.
Bronny: Yeah good idea.

To be continued....