2.6

(edited)

Empty

That's all I felt inside.

The person I loved the most had been taken away from me and there was nothing I could do about it apart from play puppet.

Forced to go along with whatever Pike says, to do whatever he wishes, to go against everything I stand for just so the safety of one of the last people I have left is insured.

Being Pike's puppet meant going everywhere with him, just like Bellamy if you ask me, which also meant getting the great honour of sitting in on his meetings. 

Really I shouldn't be complaining much, he trusts me enough to listen in on his plans and not do anything about them, mainly because he thinks I can't do anything about it but jokes on him, I'm just going to tell people who can do something.

Like Kane and Miller who I happened to bump into before the meeting and they got me to place a bug in the room so they could listen in on everything Pike says.

Standing around a table was Pike, Bellamy, Monroe, Monty and Hannah. My eyes hang low and my hands play with each other out of boredom, my mind always going back to Cassius and Malachi.

"let's get this meeting started. Welcome farm station's own Monty Green and factory girl Zoe Monroe, oh and also the very lovely Wren Reyes" Pike starts off, making my head turn up at the sound of my name, my face instantly turning into a glare at his sarcasm.

He drones on about farming and destroying a grounder village for that land but all I hear is ringing in my ears, I have no energy to protest against the plan, knowing there's nothing I can do to change Pike's mind and Monty and Bellamy both realise that too after voicing their thoughts.

***

The meeting was done and I had enough of feeling liked a caged animal so I left without Bellamy noticing.

Walking through Arkadia I went to the one place I know my sister would be in.

Entering the room, I see Raven talking to Jaha and her with an unusually big smile on her face which was a rare sight to see.

I hadn't had much contact with Jaha since his return but I did have an eventful conversation with him about the whereabouts of a certain John Murphy who he claims ran away from him and when I asked why, he said the most ridicules thing about a city of light.

Jaha passes Raven a big bag and is about to leave when she spots me slowly walking into the room.

"Wren" she calls out in an uncharacteristic display of happiness.

Ignoring her unusually cheery mood, I pull her into a tight hug that I didn't know I needed until that point.

The warmth and love she radiates engulfs me and I can feel tear drops slowly drop from my eyes as some of the pain I've been holding in goes away at the thought that I still had someone who loved me and is there for me.