Chapter 8 - White Lie

Disclaimer:
This chapter may contain mature scenes. Read at your own risk!

Everything was so perfect...my white dress...the venue. Everything was white. Everything was right.

The door slowly opens...revealing the people who witnessed every hardships and success I've been through. They seemed so happy to see me in this glorious white dress. Well...what can I say? I've waited almost half of my life for this day.

I seemed to treasure every second as l slowly walked down the aisle. I hear people cheer for me. Familiar smiling faces were everywhere. I smiled back, then I look straight ahead as I continue to walk slowly. There...I saw the first man I've ever loved...my father. Though with misty eyes, he still managed to smile. Beside him was my beloved mother already on tears. Once I'm in front of them, they pulled they in a tight embrace. Of course I hug them back. I mouthed "thank you". My father just nod while my mother mouthed "your welcome dear"...and they both guided me to him.

He was there...still gorgeous as he was. Standing while patiently waiting for his bride. I felt my heart race as our eyes met. Butterflies suddenly filled my tummy. He always has this effect on me. Always sweeping me off my feet. After all...he was the man of my dreams. I saw my man and my father exchange meaningful nods. As my mother, she just give me a kiss on the forehead. After that, my father formaly give my hand to my soon to be other half.

The ceremony had started. We exchanged vows. To cherish each other sempiternally...in sickness and in health...for richer or for poorer...till death makes us part. Till this day forward...we shall become one...forever. But sadly...one thing is for certain...this is not out of love.

This was for call of duty.

...

"Cheers for the newly wed!!!" Ino proclaims. Everyone in the hall followed and cheered. Everyone was really buying this show. As for me, I just here smiling. Deceiving every eyes that I'm happy. When on the inside...my heart was torn into pieces. I am marrying a man out of responsibility. I also deceived my parents. I felt guilty, though I have no choice.

The emcee, who happens to be Sishune announce for a dance. He casually guided me until were at the center stage. He glides his right arm on my waist while my two arms were around his neck. We waltzed as the music starts.

"Sakura." He suddenly said. Not so loud but just enough for me to hear it clearly. "I'm sorry."

It feels like I've been stab by a knife...literally piercing my soul. My lips were trembling. I close my eyes. His words replayed endlessly on my head. It hurts.

I spoke nothing in reply and rested my head on his broad chest. As I did so, I felt a warm soft thing just above my forehead. He kissed me, I know. An intimate and pleasing gesture for the eyes of the everybody...but not for us...not for me. The girls squealed in delight. What can I say? He's like a great actor, who can deceive anyone...which includes me in the first place.

He tricked me with his games. He thought I didn't hear their conversation just few hours ago? He thought I know nothing? That's what he thought. I heard everything. Those sweet gestures where all scripted. They were all lies. Sadly I was deceived...because of my f*cking faith in him. I f*cking trusted him. For Pete's sake!!!

But what can I do? He really wants me to play his game...leaving me no choice. But no matter what happens, I must win this time. Even if it takes everything. There's nothing more to loose. He may take my freedom, my life, my heart...but he can never take my soul. I'll make sure of it.

The program ended with congratulatory messages and best wishes for us. I'll also congratulate myself for not breaking down even once. I seemed to perfectly hid all the thoughts running on my head from everyone. No one seemed to notice. That includes him...probably.