Chapter 25

Chris's P.O.V

"The agreement my dear friend says that me and Jennifer are supposed to get married two summers from now."

Everything suddenly felt numb at that moment. He said what? What does he fucking mean by that? Marriage?! Him and Jennifer?

      I couldn't think straight. I backed away from both of them. Steven being the asshole he was kept his hands on Jenny's shoulder with a devilish grin spread across his face.

    I swear to god if I was in my right mind right now, I would've wiped away his fucking face not giving a shit about consequences.

      I looked at her. I finally looked at her. J's face looked more pale than usual. Her cheeks were red as a berry, her eyes swollen from the crying. She looked up at me finally and my heart stopped beating. The innocence she had in her was something that made me fall in love with her. But this didn't cover the rage I was feeling right now.

    "TELL ME THIS ISN'T TRUE JENNY!" I screamed finally gathering all the energy I could at that point.

       I don't like shouting at her like this, this is just because she just gets under my nerves all the time and that's the only thing. Only she could make me feel this way. No one ever can except her. Stop! Get a hold of yourself!

    "Chris wait. Let me explain." She said moving forward. Her voice cracking every second. I couldn't see her like this. I just want to hold her and tell her everything is going to be ok. She'll be fine. But how the fuck can I when I came to know about this?!

     "You don't understand what exactly is going on here alright, so just please calm down let me explain." She pleaded.

     "Explain what Jenny? Is this something that can be explained?  Tell me!" I screamed.

     She flinched and moved away a little. I instantly looked away. I can't see her like this.

    "You know what J, I think I should've listened to you. Even though my entire body would've gone against it but I should've listened to you when you said you would hurt me. But you know what, I thought I'll take it. I'll take whatever you would throw at me if that meant being close to you. I didn't care if we even stayed as friends I didn't care of any complicated relationship we had. I just wanted to stay with you because somewhere I knew you were worth it. Now you just made me question everything I stood for all this time. Congrats. You've accomplished what you wanted to all along." I said calmly as I felt my voice crack and throat getting sour. I started walking away not wanting to look back at that the damage I've caused and the fucking asshole 'cause I knew if I did, he won't be leaving out alive of this school.

    "No no no, Chris wait please." I heard her calling after me. She grabbed my arm and I felt warm instantly by her touch.

        I looked at her. She pleaded to me again as more tears dropped from her eyes.

    I gently removed her hand from my arm brushed the tears from her cheeks. I looked at her eyes. How mesmerising they can be. I could look at them everyday and still won't be bored.

    I put my hand on the back of her head pulling her close to me as I kissed her forehead. She leaned in to me without hesitation for the first time and it felt heavenly.

     "Goodbye Princess." I whispered slowly into her ear and started walking away from her praying to not look back at her again.

     "Chris no wait. Please. I LOVE YOU!"

     I stopped dead in my track. She what? Did she just-

     I slowly turned back around to see her kneeling on the floor. She looked broken. She was crying and I couldn't help it.

    "You what?" I asked again.

    "I love you. Please just stay." She pleaded. Gods I don't want her to plead like this to me.

    "Jennifer what are you saying? You can't do that you know that right? You don't even know who he is!" That asshole said suddenly moving towards her.

     "Don't you dare come near her!" I said looking at him angrily.

     "That's not up to you!" He screamed at me.

    "Look now 'Stefan'. This is what's gonna happen. You are going to leave right now from this school and not come back here again or near her for that matter. Cause I swear to god if you do, I wouldn't care to break every bone in your body and tearing every limb from it." I threatened.

     "Great now I see what's going on here. You remember now Jennifer, this thing you've between you two is not gonna last. I'll make sure of it." He growled angrily and walked away.

      Fucking jackass.

      I turned away from him as he left the school and looked at her. She was still on the ground sobbing gently.

    I sat down beside her and wiped a tear from her cheeks she looked and me and instantly threw her arms around me as she sobbed.

    I held her. I held her as tight as I could. I won't let her go. Not now not ever. We're going to fight this. Whatever this is. Together.