I Don't Wanna Lose This Moment

Author's Note: A VERY special shoutout to GodGirl91 for this AMAZING chapter cover!!! Thanks Girlie!

POV: Alan

She eventually slows down and let's me catch up... "Haha that was fun," She said. We laugh a little.

We get back to the car, and I open the trunk. "What?" She was very confused as I open to reveal a strange Banjo in the trunk... There was a note that said "Guess since you were going to the country you might need this ~The Guys"

I laughed as I pushed that out of the way. "No that's not what I wanted to show you... That is just the others being weird."

"Ok I was going to say I don't know how to play Banjo."

I shove the banjo out of the way and reveal a much bigger case.

Her eyes grew wide at the sight of what I showed her.

"Eeeeeeee!" She squealed, "it's... It's.... It's beautiful!"

"Come on Wanna play this thing down by the water?"

"Won't it sound a little soggy though?"

"Oh just come on!"

We walk down to "our spot" and I pull it out again. "Here wanna play it? I tuned it already."

"No thanks, I don't want to break it," she looked down.

"What do you think I brought it for?"

"I thought that bird in the tree was going to play it?"

"Haha nice try... Here."

"Oh ok." She smiled and took it from my hands. "I don't know many songs."

"You know which one I want to hear."

"Will you help me? I'm not perfect at the chords and I haven't played in a while..... And I can't sing."

"Ok I'll start to sing it and if you want to join in you can. If you need help with the chords I can do that too"

"Uhhhhhh... (She whispers) ok"

She starts playing it and tried to put it down.... "I can't do this, the strings feel weird."
-
-
-
-
POV: Melody

"I believe you can," he replied.

He stares at me with those big grey eyes and I know that I finally have someone I can trust. He is like a big brother to me and I love how much he cares.

I pick it up again and start to play it again. I tried playing the B chord and all I hear is a giant "THUNK".

He says, "wow sounds my playing the first tried to play this song. It took me an hour to make the B chord sound ok. And sometimes I still get that sound." We both laugh.

I try again.

I actually get it after a couple of times then he starts to chime in.

"I love the way you love like no other. It's got nothing to do, with anything that I do.

Time and time can you forgive me, so this time I choose. To stay here with you."

He nods to me and I have that "20 seconds of confidence" for the first time in my life.

We both sing. "Hold me. Pull me just a little bit closer. I don't wanna lose this moment. Your love has covered me and now I can't get over you....

I can't get over you."
-
-
-
POV: Alan

When we stop, I hit stop and save....
(Ok good she didn't notice)

I look at her. "That was amazing. Have you ever sung like that for anyone?"

"No, I've always felt I wasn't good enough. Even my shower sprayed at me." She smiles for a second and turns to another frown.

"Did you even listen to yourself? You are amazing! I'm not just saying that either. You have a musical gift that needs to be shared."

"Nonono nonono never in a million years!!!! Nobody wants to see this face on any type of screen." She says circling her face.

"I don't know what you're pointing at because it's beautiful. Just like this view that was created for us."

She looks out at the open water and almost falls. "Wow there girlie... We don't have people to help you out if you fall, those currents are getting fierce. I heard they will only get worse.

"Didn't you guys "Roar" here?" She says almost laughing.

"Yes, but that was with professionals on the scene. Chad almost got hurt."

"You would have thought cuz of Lifeline he would have been used to it."

Hahahaha we both laugh at the same time.

This has been one of the best days of my life, until Alan says those words.

"It's getting late, let's go back."

"Ok, thanks Alan for bringing me here, if I could I would spend the rest of my short life here."

"Haha yeah our lives do seem short sometimes, but that's why we enjoy everything that is given to us."

He helps me up and carries the instrument back with us.

I want to cry cuz I don't want to leave, but I put on a smile...

I don't want to lose this moment.