CH. 8: Empanadas and Sushi

Coming home, I expected everything but my mom's twin sister staring at Vic and I in contempt. Her eyes bounce at our hands interlocked to my face before going back to our hands.

"At least, he has good taste in fashion." Auntie Andressa says before spreading her arms wide, "Come give Auntie Dressa a hug!"

I smile unsurely as I hug her before shooting a look to my sister who sips her soda warily. Henrik stands next to her, his hand rubbing her arm as he smiles tightly at our aunt. Vic raises his eyebrows as she grabs him in a tight hug as well.

"Victor! Look how tall you have grown!" Auntie Dressa cooes before Lilly sighs, "What are you doing here, Aunt Andressa?"

Auntie gasps, "What? I can't visit my nieces?"

"The last time we saw you was when Mama got us lost in Brasil. You didn't even know we existed then." I say and Aunt Andressa frowns, "Your mama left Brasil to come to the states without letting us know."

"Well, that's mama for you." I mutter before dragging my self to my room. I sigh as I enter and drop the rock onto my desk before collapsing on my floor. Memories of tonight flash into my mind as Vic walks in. He leans against my wall before he breaks the silence, "Can you please tell me?"

"Well, now I have to." I groan as I come up to slouch in my spot before making grabby hands at Vic who lifts me up onto my feet, "Why'd you follow me, Victor?"

Vic sighs as he pushes my hair out of my face. He cups my cheeks as he stares into my chocolate brown eyes, "I had to make sure you were safe."

"You could've just trusted me." I blubber out as my cheeks were pushed together. He snickers before pecking my forehead, "I do trust you. But I just can't trust anyone else. You mean so much to me, you don't even know."

"Austin and Aureole were twins. They disappeared a few years ago, actually the year before you joined. We were all with them. There was a huge investigation but nothing came up until now. Serena found her journal after years and the cops uncovered some thing they hadn't caught before." I say and Vic nods, "So now, you guys are playing games with anonymous. Didn't you learn anything from Pretty Little Liars?"

Rolling my eyes, I mumble, "This isn't a tv show, Vic."

"I hope not, it would be pretty creepy to find out this was all planned and people watched me shriek like a girl at the hand in the ground."

I laugh at that and Vic smiles before pulling me into a hug, "We have to tell the cops."

"I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where were you guys this morning? I had to catch a ride with my sister. Which was super embarrassing." Zahir groans as we all wait in the auditorium for the big announcement. Principal Deon had assembled us from home room to talk about some changes we should be expecting.

"I slept over at Ella Marie's." Vic shrugs and Zahir gasps, "What? A sleepover without me?"

"Well, he was over helping me with something." I shrug as well and Zahir pouts, "I feel left out."

"Great, now you know how I felt when you first joined our group." Vic smiles sarcastically before blanking back to his nonchalant attitude and shifting his eyes to the podium. I glance at him from the corner of my eye as Zahir continues to talk about how alone he felt the night before. My eyes land on Vic's long hands, remembering how they squished my face last night, and yet, they felt cloud soft against my skin.

"Students, may I have your attention please?" Principal Deon startles me as I snap my eyes to the front. He stands looking out into the frolic of kids before staring down at a girl in front. Her dark, silky hair was pulled up in a bun and her sparkly cardigan only reminded me of one person, Serena.

"It has been brought to our attention by the detective on this case, that they have found some alarming evidence to support the case of the Glass twins. As you all know, we take these things very seriously and our aim is to help the community as much as possible. So if you guys see anything unusual, please let myself or the police know."

Vic nudges me with his knee and I smack his ankle back. He grimaces before smacking Zahir's head who hisses, "What did I do?"

"You exist." Vic says before looking back at Principal Deon. Zahir frowns at him before sitting cross armed forward.

"Not to alarm anyone, but an unexpected and unnamed source has revealed to us that a body part has been found in the cornfield near Barrow's Bridge. Please refrain from socializing around the area until the investigation has ceased. And if you know anything, please do not hesitate to speak with us." Principal Deon says before smiling and dismissing us.

A body bumps into mine as we head down the bleachers and thankfully, Vic caught me in time before I would've splattered on my face.

"Watch it, curls." Cecilia spat as she rolls her eyes at me. A piece of paper slips into my hand as hers brushes against mine. Vic glares at her as she tuts at him before huffing at Zahir who smiles widely at her, "Hi, angel."

"Whatever."

"She's so beautiful. Those eyes, those ears-"

"You're not only stupid, you're also a psycho. You know that?" Vic asks as I open the paper up.

Someone told the cops. I heard my dad talk to his team about it. The person had an Asian accent.

I bite my lip at the note before stuffing it into my pant pocket and turning to my boys. Smirking, I ruffle Zahir's hair and kiss his cheek, "Alright, lover boy, it's time for kickstart. So let's go before we get late. I don't wanna do burpees."

"I actually don't mind burpees. But they are liars." Zahir whispers and I raise my eyebrow, "Who?"

"The burpees!"

"The burpees are liars?" Vic asks as we stop by the locker rooms. Zahir nods frantically, "They're called burpees and yet, they don't make you burp!"

I look at Vic who officially looked done.

"Are you from this planet?"

"That depends are we on earth?"