CHAPTER 21

Courtney's POV
••••
I opened my eyes and looked to see mom asleep in one of the chairs and Josh asleep next to me, he must of fallen asleep he looks so cute right now!

I looked around the room trying to think of something to do without waking up mom and Josh. I spotted my iPhone on my bedside table, I grabbed it and logged on to Instagram.

I saw that Maddie had posted a video, I played it and all the girls were wishing me good luck and that they loved me. I liked the video before reading some of the comments, people thought I had a broken toe and all this other stuff.

I decided to post a photo to clarify things up, I took a photo and said

"Hey everyone I'm currently going through a tough time and I am currently in the hospital ready for my surgery. I have a brain tumour but this won't be the end of my dancing career. I miss my team, family and dance but I will be well soon and can't wait to be up on my feet"

I posted the photo and instantly got 1,000's of likes and comments everyone wishing me luck and thankfully no hate.

1 hour later

I could see Josh stirring in his sleep, I tried to keep as quiet as I could. Mum was still sleeping as well.

"Morning princess" Josh says kissing me on the lips. I put my phone back on my bedside table

"Morning" I reply cuddling into him

"How long have you been up?" he asks cuddling me back and playing with my hair, which for some unusual reason soothes me. I looked at the clock on the wall

"About 2 hours" I answer him

"You could have woken me up" Josh says kissing my forehead

"I could have, but you needed sleep and you looked so peaceful" I say pinching his cheeks. I look over at mom sleeping and remember that I have my surgery today.

Josh reaches over and grabs my hand, he rubs small circles over the back and places a kiss on my temple. I looked up at him and give him a small smile, he could probably tell it was fake. I was so nervous.

"I know your nervous, but listen to me Court, you are the strongest girl I have ever met, you are going to get through this and shortly you will be back up and dancing. I promise you" he says and then gives me a quick peck on the lips. I just stared at him, my eyes became watery, I started to cry the tears were streaming down my face. Josh pulled me into a hug.

"What if the surgery doesn't go well, what if I can't dance again, what if I don't make it through the surgery, what if I die?" I say

"Shh.... I promise everything will go fine and when you wake up from your surgery, I will be right here waiting for you" he whispered before leaning down and kissing me on the lips.

"I hope your right" I say cuddling into his chest and listening to his steady heart beat

"I know I'm right" he replies picking up a lock of my hair and twirling it around his fingers

We cuddled and talked for a while, before mom woke up.

"Morning lovebirds" mom said

"Morning" we both replied chuckling a bit

Mom got up and stretched before walking over to the side of the bed

"Josh, can I talk to you outside for a moment" mom said gesturing outside

"Sure" he responded

JOSH'S POV
I got up following Christi outside into the hallway of the hospital.

"So Josh, I talked to your mom and she said she was fine with it, but I was wondering if you would like to join me and Courtney when we got to the new hospital. I know how much she means to you and she would be thrilled if you could join us" Christi said

"I would love to" I replied

"Great, your mom already dropped off a back of clothes so you're all set to go. Thanks for everything Josh" she said pulling me into a hug

"No problem" I said hugging her back

I was willing to do absolutely anything for Court and if that meant flying halfway across the state I would do it. We discussed everything for a bit longer before returning back into the hospital room. Courtney was searching through the numerous TV channels. I sat down next to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Guess who's coming with you to the new hospital?" I said looking down at her beautiful face

"OMG are you coming!" she said hugging me

"Yep" I reply laughing at her excitement

"I'm just going to go get some breakfast, you guys want anything?" Christi asked

Courtney's stomach rumbled, which made us all laugh.

"I'm taking that as a yes, Josh?" Christi said still chuckling little

"Yes please" I reply

CHRISTI'S POV
I walk out of the room closing the door softly behind me before heading to the cafeteria. Once I got to the cafeteria I got in line and ordered 3 cinnamon bagels with an orange juice. I walked over to a table and logged onto twitter.

TWITTER POST:
Good luck to my beautiful daughter with her surgery today @courtneylukasiak thanks for all the good luck messages :)

I locked my phone and heard my order number being called. I grabbed the food and walked back to the hospital room.

I gave Court and Josh there food and we all talked about the memories of when we went camping together a couple of years ago, when Clara tried her first cinnamon bagel.

The doctors came in to talk to me and to get Court ready to be transported to the hospital. Mark and the girls came over to say good luck and goodbye one more time.

"Are you nervous?" Josh asks Courtney

"A little" she replies, he kisses her forehead and hugs her

We started getting ready to leave. Josh and I helped Court get up and put her shoes on and to sit in her wheelchair. After making sure everything was ready, we all talked a bit, to try and calm Court down. The doctors walked in and escorted us out to the helicopter on the roof that would be taking us to the hospital.

They helped us in and we were soon up in the air on the way to the hospital. I grabbed Courts hand and squeezed it to reassure her. We were ready to get Courtney the urgent medical assistance she needed. I couldn't imagine life without my beautiful princess.