CHAPTER 25

COURTNEY'S POV
••••
2 weeks later

I wake up to the sound of my annoying alarm, I turn it off and try to fall back asleep. It's a Saturday why have I even got an alarm set.

I jump out of bed realising that today is the day when I get clearance from my doctor to dance again.

I run over to my closet and chose out my lucky crop top and booty shorts. I put them on and then grab some shorts and my competition team jacket.

I missed the feeling of wearing it, I spend extra time doing my hair into a bun with a braid around it.

I grab my dance bag and chuck in all the necessities, I put my phone and charger in as well.

I walk downstairs and put my bag at the bottom of the stairs before walking into the kitchen.

I grab a bowl of cereal and eat it quickly before running upstairs to brush my teeth. I say goodbye to Dad and the girls and meet mom in the car.

"Are you excited or nervous?" mom asks

"Well I'm a little nervous in case the doctor says no more dancing but I'm also excited because if I get clearance I can dance again" I say jumping up and down in my seat, we both laugh.

We pull into the doctors and check in before waiting I the waiting area.

"Ms Lukasiak?" The doctor says

We get up and follow the doctor to his office

"Well we have good news Courtney, you will be able to return to dance. You may even return today. Just remember to take it easy and you should be fine. If anything happens or if you have a question you can call me" the doctor says handing us his business card

"Thankyou!" I say before skipping out of the room and to the car

We hop in and drive to dance. I text Josh to tell him the good news, he replies saying that its great news and he has hockey practice so he can't make it to dance this arvo.

I reply saying that's fine and lock my phone, I'm so excited to be back! I can't wait to get to the studio and just dance my heart out, I missed that feeling.

We arrived at the studio and I bolted out of the car and into the den. I chucked my bag next to Paige's and took off my cover ups and put them in my bag.

"You ready Court?" mom asked

"As ready as I'll ever be" I say

Mom kisses my forehead. I grab the door handle and walk in slowly. Everyone saw that I was in my dancewear. All the girls screamed and ran over to hug me. We all hoped into line to hear this week's assignments.

I felt that my life was finally back to normal. I survived a brain tumour and I'm still here to tell the story, I'm the luckiest girl ever to be able to dance again. I survived a brain tumour and it's honestly the greatest feeling in the world!