Chapter 9: She's Where?! Saiki's confusion!

Saiki's POV

Monday x/xx/xxxx 8:45 am

First period of class has started 15 minutes ago, and yet (Y/N) still isn't here. 'Something is wrong, I can feel it'. The day continued as normal no one questioned where (Y/N) was. Not even Nendou. When we left school, I finally brought up the question.

"Do any of you know where (Y/N) is?". I asked Nendou and Kaidou plainly.

"(Y/N)? Who's that?" Nendou asked. I gave him a weird look, (Y/N) has been in our school for awhile and does talk to us frequently. Knowing Nendou he might've just forgot.

I looked towards Kaidou for an answer, and asked him if he knew where (Y/N) was. He gives me a look of confusion and asks "Who's (Y/N)".

"Don't mess with me, (Y/N) talks to us everyday, how can you not know?". "She has (H/L) (H/C), one (E/C) eye, and a eye patch. She's the only person at our school with an eye patch. Do you remember?".

"I don't think I have seen anyone with an eye patch except in the DARK REUNION" Kaidou said and struck a pose. I read his mind for any lies, he was telling the truth. I also looked for any memories of her, they're all gone.

"Don't worry bud, you're probably just hungry. LETS GET SOME RAMEN!" Nendou said with excitement. "OH HELL YEAH!" yelled Kaidou.

We began walking towards the ramen shop, Nendou having a arm around my shoulder to prevent me from leaving.

Time skip 5:20 pm

I finally got home. I stood outside of my house thinking about why Nendou and Kaidou couldn't remember (Y/N). I decided to walk to her house.

I made my way to her house which was about a block away, so it didn't take me too long to get to her house. I reached where the house was supposed to be, but there was caution tape surrounding where it was along with burnt wood and ash.

A old woman was making her way to her house which was next door. I stopped her and asked her "Do you know what happened to that house and who lived there?".

"Oh, well, no lived there for years young man. The house was really old and had a gas leak. Remember that storm last week?" She asked and I nodded. "Well a lightning strike sparked a fire, thank heavens no one was living there." The old woman said with relief.

"Yes, thats good. Thank you, I have to get home now" I said.

"You're very welcome young man, goodbye now"

"Bye"

I walked back home, and walked inside this time.

"Saiki! Dinner is ready!" My dad said. I walked past the living room and kitchen.

"I'm not hungry"

"At least have some rice!"

I ignored him and went to my room. I laid down on my bed, and looked up at the ceiling. My mind swirled with thoughts. I was looking through every place in the city with my clairvoyance. Finding nothing, I gave up and decided to go to sleep. My final thought being ....

'What happened to (Y/N)'