Chapter 2

They got me back in school, unfortunately in freshman year, but whatever, I'm totally fine with it

They got me back in school, unfortunately in freshman year, but whatever, I'm totally fine with it. We were walking to the lacrosse fields,
Stiles said" You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?"
Scott said" Yeah, But he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today."
" We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"
" Ah! I texted him but he didn't get back to me."
" You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?"
" I didn't have the money to call France."
" Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House."
" Another notice?"
" Yeah, this one said, Final. Now what the hell are we even doing here anyway? We got like 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them." We saw a freshman rocking it on the field, catching every ball thrown at the goal.
" It is now."
" Who the hell is that?" The guy took off his helmet, I looked at Scott and Stiles." Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit."
I said" If I remember correctly, you suck at lacrosse."
" Shut up." Scott smiled at me,
" Give me a reason to."
" Because I'm slighter better than I was... I've been practicing."
" When?"
" Shut up, Cleo." I hugged me, his arms instantly wrapped around me, laying his chin on my head." You're still a little twerp." He ruffled my hair and smiled at me," How does she do that, Scott?"
Scott said" What? Make everything feel better just by a hug, I have no clue. That's a mystery we'll never be able to solve."
————
Scott was walking me to class, my heart was racing,
He said" If you're not ready for this, I can run you home, Cleo."
I said" No, no, no, I'm good." I gulped, looking down,
" I can tell if you're lying, you know."
" Shut up."
" Cleo, what's wrong?"
" It's just... I haven't been away from you since I've got back."
" Hey, hey, I'm still in the school, I can still hear your heartbeat, okay? So if you get really scared or nervous, I'll be right there, okay?"
" Okay." He kissed my head,
" It's gonna be okay, Cleo. You're the toughest person I know."
———
We were walking down the hallway, Stiles was talking about an Axe murder, Scott already told me about it.
Kira asked" An axe murderer?"
Stiles said" A family-murdering axe murderer."
Scott said" I already heard about it."
" Wait. What? You did? How?"
" My mom called me. She knew we'd see it on the news."
" Perfect. Let's go."
" Whoa, whoa. We've got econ in 5 minutes."
" All right. Did you forget the part about the family-murdering axe murderer?"
" Did you forget that your dad's the sheriff? They want us to stay out of it."
" Are you guys kidding me? There's a family-murdering axe murderer and we're not going to do anything about it?"
Kira said" Maybe we should just let the adults handle it." Stiles made a strange face,
" So the two of you, you just want to stay here, school, go to class. Never heard anything so irresponsible in my life." He walked away,
Scott said" See you at tryouts?" Stiles flailed his arms, the bell rang, I smiled at Scott then walked away. I caught up with Stiles, I laid my head on his arm, he tried to pout but couldn't. He smiled at me,
" Your brother's an idiot."
I said" You're also an idiot."
" But school more important than this?!"
" I'm passing all my classes, even though I was in a coma for half the year."
" Yeah, but you're an actual genius. Like seriously."
" All my grades just switched over."
" Yeah, but you were still passing all your classes, and helping me and Scott pass our classes. While in the hospital."
" Yeah, well, I had nothing better to do. Except do your homework."
————
Scott was freaking out over something with Kira,
I said" Okay, what happened?"
He said" I kissed her, for the first time since our actual first kiss."
" Okay, with tongue?"
" No... it was like how you kiss your grandma when you're five."
" Chaste... you need to tell Stiles this, he needs to know."
" I am. Okay, wait here till I come out, okay?"
" Okay."
Once he came out of the locker room, he was even more freaked,
I said" What now?"
He said" I'm on the team... but coach said all positions available..."
" Oh, that's a problem." He looked at me," What? Sorry, you've got this!"