Chapter Five: Partners?

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. in the morning of the next day. Even though I am not training or under Xavier’s order’s I still wake up at the same time everyday. I got dressed and went downstairs to the lobby. The clerk from last night was behind the desk and looked up from the computer when I approached.

    “What can I do for you?” he asked.

    “What time do you serve breakfast? I would love to get a jump on the day as soon as I finish eating.” I told him.

    “Not serving breakfast until seven. But there is hot chocolate or hot coffee over there if you want.” he explained.

    “Thank you.” I headed over to the bar and grabbed a hot chocolate. Deciding I had nothing better to do. I headed back to my room.

    At seven thirty I headed back down. When I got back to the lobby the smells of breakfast and clinking of plates reached my senses. I grabbed a plate and piled on pancakes, eggs, and sausage. After getting some orange juice I found a place to sit. Since I had no plans except shopping I took my time eating.

    After a quick run back up to my room I head out to do some more shopping. One of the perks about being a spy is tons of money just for buying undercover outfits. And I know what you are thinking, yes I have used that money to buy new clothes that weren’t for undercover work. Have I gotten into trouble? No.

    My first stop was to get some professional looking shoes. Of course as a spy the only shoes that are appropriate are tennis shoes. But certain cases such as this demand something else. Like heels. I entered my favorite shoe store, Zip Zaps, and made my way over to the heels. There were lots of different kinds and colors, but I was looking for black heels with a long thin heel. I just knew a pair like that would make me look that much more professional. Since I didn’t have a car or an easy place to leave my shoes I carried them in the bag that the clerk had given me.

    “Crystal?!” a voice called out. Aw great. Just what I need right now.

    I pretended I didn’t just hear Trixy blowing my partial undercover mission. Most people didn’t know me because I went under a fake name. All my signatures I make use a fake name Xavier created for me. Trixy was the only one who knew my true name.

    Yeah, I know you’re probably confused. Welcome to my life. “Crystal!” Trixy tried again. Without thinking I ducked into the nearest store. I hurried to hide somewhere Trixy might not find me.

    I knew Trixy had followed me in. What I hadn’t noticed was that I was being tailed. Either I wasn’t hidden well enough or I wasn’t fast enough because before I knew it, Trixy was right beside me.

    “Hey Crystal!! I thought I saw you out there. I was calling your name, didn’t you hear me?” Trixy talked way too loud when she was excited.

    “Oh Trixy, guess I didn’t hear you. Sorry. Was probably in my own world.” I told her.

    “You doing some shopping today? Say me too! We could shop together if you want.” Trixy said looking at my shoe bag.

    Something didn’t seem right about the air around me. So just to get out of that store I agreed to shop with her. It was after we walked out of the store did I realize I had a tail. Because I didn’t want Trixy to know or get hurt I offered the only idea I could think of to get her to follow me.

    “Hey Trixy, want to get some lunch?” I asked, “I know a place.”

    “Sure!” Trixy looked up from her phone. “Lead the way.” Everything went downhill from here.