Severing the Red Thread 6

不善始者不善终。 (Bú shànshǐzhě bù shànzhōng. 'not good starter not good end') - A bad beginning makes a bad ending.

Another 2months has passed like a blur. Both Dijun and Feng jiu are still staying on Mt. Huashan*. Dijun chose the mountain because mortals thought it to be sacred and respected it.

A little bamboo hut is built at the top of the mountain and protected by a strong ward. A ward so strong that even immortals dont have any idea that emperor of heaven, earth and all the realms is actually residing there.

Feng Jiu cooked for their meals since she doesnt trust Dijuns cooking skills. One time when she went down the mountain to collect herbs in making teas, she went back and saw Dijun fed a bird with his cooked sweet and sour fish and then the expected happened. The bird died on the spot. Poor poor bird. Feng Jiu buried it and prayed for it hoping that it will re-incarnate.

She duly noted then that she must keep Dijun out and off the kitchen and the food. Feng Jiu also thought that even if Dijun is already powerful, his cooking skills could kill too. So, she might suggest it to him that to kill his enemy, Dijun just need to cook his sweet and sour fish and send it to the enemy to eat and they will die easily without Dijun and the enemies face each other.

Dijun on the other hand, kept on taking steps to further and deepen their relationship but to no avail. Every time Dijun is around and starts talking about marriage, Feng Jiu evades the subject by changing it and if Dijun persisted, she walked-out on him.

She could feel that Dijun's impatience is resurfacing and bubbling. So, Feng Jiu kept her distance and she always made sure that they are an arm away from each other so that he can't grab her easily. Feng jiu is hardening her resolve.

She admits that she still loves Dijun but there are issues that needs to be addressed that she thinks Dijun is not aware of. Like the competition in Fanyin Valley and most especially, Ji Heng.

Bitterness. She can taste it in her mouth. How can she believe what Dijun is saying when his actions in the valley says otherwise?

She is afraid. What if Ji Heng will appear and Dijun will choose her again? What will happen to her? As long as these thoughts are lingering and not answered, she will never go there and entertain thoughts of Dijun and her marrying. But the confrontation came earlier than Feng Jiu expected.

On their 5th month together on the mortal realm, a night full of beautiful stars and moon shinning brightly, she is outside their bamboo house just gazing at the beautiful heavenly night. She heard footsteps and Dijun sat beside her and she moved distance herself from him.

Dijun sighed. Feng jiu knew he is getting impatient.

"Can you tell me why you are keeping your distance Xiaobai? And also, you keep on evading the issue of our marriage. Dont you like me too Xiaobai?"

Feng Jiu got shocked. She didn't expect that Dijun will be this straight-forward. Oh well better face the music and so she can decide what to do here on, after. She looked at Di jun who looked at her and he is still wearing that unreadable expression on his face. She inhaled and then said,

"Dijun, everything you are doing right now, it doesnt make sense to me. How can I believe you now when every turn you got, you always tricked me?"

Dijuns brows furrowed. He really has no idea what he did 3,000 years ago. Old healed wounds are opened and its as if it just happened yesterday. She choked on bitterness. She breathed and continued,

"How will I know that you are being true right now and this is not a game or a trick to you?"

"I am being sincere by being with you right here, right now and I will not lift a finger if the issue doesn't involve you Xiaobai."