Severing the Red Thread 22

Butterflies in Love with Flowers《蝶恋花》by Liu Yong (Northern Song Dynasty)

伫倚危楼风细细,
望极春愁,
黯黯生天际。
草色烟光残照里,
无言谁会凭栏意。
拟把疏狂图一醉,
对酒当歌,
强乐还无味。
衣带渐宽终不悔,
为伊消得人憔悴。

While I lean against the banister of a tall tower,
The breeze gently blows.
As I look into the distance,
The end of Spring arouses melancholy in my mind.
Surrounded by dewy grass at sunset,
I wonder who is able to understand my longing.
I would rather drink to intoxication.
One should sing when one has wine in hand,
But drinking to escape offers no reprieve.
I do not mind that my clothes are getting looser.
My lover is worthy of desire.

--The poem cleverly combines lonely feelings in a foreign land with yearning for the lover, showing the hero's determined character and persistent attitude, successfully portrays the image of a woman
who misses her lover far away.

💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸

Mortal Realm

Dong hua Dijun is far from happy and excited at the moment. He took an effort and consideration to change his physical appearance especially his hair as to not stand out and to draw mortal attention. He also got Xiaobai flowers along the way but to his disappointment and surprise, he found his Xiaobai on another man's arms. Dijun didn't know who hugged who but he felt his heart breaking. He decided that before he broke down and do something stupid, he will just leave, clear his mind and then decide on what to do next.

Bai Feng Jiu POV

Bai Feng Jiu POV

Cang Yi is a constant visitor in where Gun-gun and I decided to reside for the next 3-4years and I just found out that it is one of Cang Yi's supervised territories.

Cang Yi and I had a broken betrothal and I am just being polite towards him. Although he has still lingering feelings towards me, he finally gave up knowing I am married to Dong Hua Dijun and we already had a child.

I asked him as a Queen of Qingqui to stop visiting me and he agreed but as a parting act he requested if he could hug me. Strange as it may sound but I just agreed. I was thinking that I will not lose anything if a agree to his request. So I asked him to meet me beside the river of the village and there I gave in to his request. He hugged me but I just stood there, awkwardly. Then after a minute or two he released me and I was a little bit guilty when I saw his teary eyes. He just smiled at me then left.

I started walking back to the village but on the road I saw a bunch of flowers and decided to pick them up. I raised them to my nose and smelled them, then I realize it was still fresh and my fox nose was alerted. There was a hint of sandalwood to it. It made my heart beat fast and I walked mindlessly back to our little home where Gun-gun is waiting.