Severing the Red Thread 17

Dong hua Dijun POV

I've been fighting and supressing both the Miaoyi chasm and this woman for weeks now. I am nearly depleted. I can feel that the tangy taste of my blood is behind my throat and at any moment, I can cough them out. Huffing and still swinging my Canghe sword, blocking every magical abilities that Miaolou has thrown in my way and strengthening the ward I created more, so the chasm couldn't escape and leak. This is becoming tiresome. My body is already in sync with what to do next but my mind is elsewhere.

I am as old as time and for the first time, I can feel anguish and helplessness in my situation. I wish before I will disappear into nothingness, I can see my Xiaobai for the very last time. My heart ached for yearning and sadness. If only I settled and fixed this problem while Xiaobai secluded herself in Qingqiu, maybe, I am with her, celebrating our marriage surrounded by her family and friends in Bihai Canglin.

"You just need to focus on me and no one else Dong hua. It's just you and me. " Miaolou broke my deep thoughts as she uttered those words and released a much powerful strike in my direction. Since, I am not focused in this tiresome cycle of fighting, I was hit with her power. This time, I spit my blood out from my mouth. For the first time, I am on my knees. My weakness and frailty disgust me now. I've practiced buddhism and learned the scriptures and the art itself to be calm but this fight, it is getting me and this woman nowhere. I wanted to sigh and laugh at the situation. I eyed the woman who is eyeing me back and smirking back at me.

Then I felt it, someone wants to break my ward from the outside. I looked up and the woman felt it too. An enormous power breaking my ward. 4 powerful immortals trying to break in. Are they out of their minds? I thought to myself. Breaking the ward means, the spread of Miaoyi chasm on this realm and other realms and it could only mean one thing, DEATH.

I flew up and the woman followed and again, striking me with her powers and again I blocked them. When I reached the top, outside my ward is Mo Yuan, Zhe Yan, Ye Hua and surprisingly Bai Zhi is present.

I frowned. Mo Yuan is the most sensible of the four. Why is he breaking the ward now? This is what I thought. I looked at them and they looked at me. I saw the old phoenix smirking towards me. Mo Yuan and his twin brother Ye hua have both the same expression, determination. While Bai Zhi Dijun, I know he is also getting old but he'll not have a Dijun as a title if he is weak.

To my surprise, a crack appeared in my ward. Then the woman laughed. I looked at her and thought to myself, This woman irritates me. Then I heard her say, "Are you immortals from heaven loosing your minds now? That's okay. When heaven and earth will be chaotic, I'll be the one to rule them all. "

I looked at the four again and this time I am frowning. I just shook my head to them and the only one who reacted is the old phoenix. Smiling and nodding his head. And this time, the ward is broken. I can hear the ward broke like a fine glass into pieces. I readied myself and on alert to stop the chasm first but then to my surprise, Mo Yuan and his twin brother Ye hua did an old ancient magic that I just remembered. Oh yes. This was Father Immortals ancient art magic. I smirked. Ofcourse only the sons of father immortal can do this. This magic is transferring and trapping the Miaoyi Chasm. When I realized that Mo Yuan and his twin can handle the job, I focused on Miaolou but to my surprise, Zhe Yan and Bai Zhi are fighting to contain and defeat her but the woman has mastered in getting and relying her power in the Miaoyi Chasm. This will be a difficult battle. Trapping and transferring may take a while and as long as the Chasm is in the vicinity, no one can defeat Miaolou.

"How much longer?" I asked Mo Yuan. Mo Yuan looked at me and sweat started to appear on his forehead. Mo Yuan looked at his brother and in a silent communication, Ye hua nodded at his brother. "A while. " that was Mo Yuan's reply. I looked at Bai Zhi and Zhe Yan and as what I can see, Bai Zhi is starting in loosing his patience. Those two are getting rusty. That is what I thought. Being carefree and not getting into wars has made Zhe Yan and Bai Zhi sloppy in sword fighting.

"Care to lend a hand? " It was the old phoenix who shouted. While Bai Zhi is on Miaolou's left and Zhe Yan on the right, I striked her on the back. I did hit her but she just draw again her power from the chasm. And to my surprise, Bai Zhi attacked her full of anger and...vengeance.

"I must avenge my grand-daughter! Nobody hurts my family without tasting my wrath and vengeance."

My mind went blank and I stood still. How can Xiaobai be hurt? I left a piece of my heart for her to be protected.

I just stood there like a statue. Then the restraints and my beliefs is severed one by one that binded my emotions. There is a reason why I never cared of any wordly or realm affairs and that sole reason is making me loose control of my emotions. Loosing control of my emotions means, Destruction and Chaos.

My aura flared as my anger is bubbling deep inside. I clenched my palms while the other, still holding my sword. I let anger take full of my being. I heard Zhe Yan and Mo Yuan shouting at me to calm down.

I looked at the loathesome woman and said anger laced in my voice, "I should've destroyed you." then I heard her laugh and my hand just moved on its own and took a swipe at her torso. She stepped back coughing blood. I smiled menacingly. I want blood. The loathesome woman looked at me with disbelief.
"I want your life and your blood spilled here, right now. " I just whispered and this time I want to deal her a deathly blow and swipe.
The old phoenix and Mo Yuan were shouting at me but I didn't listen and to me, their words were audibIe to my ears. Right now, I just want to fulfill the thirst I have that I never thought I would feel again, the thirst and satisfaction to kill.

💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸