Severing the Red Thread 13

身正不怕影子斜。(Shēnzhèng búpà yǐngzi xié. 'body straight not fear shadow slanting') - One who stands straight doesn't fear a crooked shadow.

Similar to: "A straight foot is not afraid of a crooked shoe." i.e. A righteous man is not afraid to seem unrighteous.

💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮🌸💮💮🌸💮🌸💮

Note: The dream of Aranya will not be part of this story.

Dong hua Dijun POV

I brought Xiaobai to Bihai Canglin. It's been thousand of years since the last time I came and visited my homeland. It feels more intimate to me, since I never brought anyone to come here... Not until Xiaobai came along.

Seeing how enchanted and happy Xiaobai is, is infectious. Xiaobai can bring happiness wherever she goes and for me, that is mesmerizing. I never really invested time and effort knowing another immortal that doesn't concern me but Xiaobai is changing me from inside out.

We stayed and I let Xiaobai play for a whole day in Bihai Canglin before I promised to take her back to Qingqiu before the day ends.

"I can't believe that this place will be also our home in the future. " Xiaobai said.  But what made me speechless is when she said our home. I have never think or consider a place and calling it my home.  But now that Xiaobai mentioned home, it made my heart warm and fuzzy inside. I can already see Xiaobai taking good care of our home and... Our children. Thinking ahead makes me excited and... dare I say Cry?  All emotions that I felt in just a sentence Xiaobai uttered makes me an emotional mess. I can't discern what I really feel at the moment but I wish it will never end. My inner thoughts were disrupted when Xiaobai called me.

She is pouting now. How cute. I thought and I smiled back at her.

"I like it. You said our home. "
Xiaobai cocked her head to the side and look at me longer then one of her warm smiles appeared. She walked towards me and gave me a tight warm hug.

Then a surge of mixed emotions come crashing at once. I felt like melting. I just stood there discerning the emotions that I felt and then,  I felt Xiaobai reached my arms and she put my arms around her waist. I realized she wanted me to hug her back. And I did. I heard her chuckle and as I close my eyes and inhaled her peach blossom scent mixed with sandalwood...my scent.

Xiaobai raised her head and look at me. I remember this look and this expression in her face. Intimacy. Ah. It's been days. I shamelessly thought.  It is indeed true that once you've experienced bodily pleasure, you will look and look for it. I thought of it before as a mind over matter issue but it is different when the woman you love, admire and touched is infront of you looking at you like she was asking for it.

My hands cupped her face and gave in to my instincts. My lips touched hers and I opened them, brought out my tongue and asking permission to enter. I felt Xiaobai stiffened but soon relaxed and she shyly opened her lips.  Again,  we savor that deep and hungry kiss. My other hand anchored her head while the other caressed her back. I pulled her more closer to me this time. I can feel her chest to mine. To my surprise, Xiaobai playfully bit my tongue. I abruptly but softly pushed her and then I saw her mischievous smile and twinkling eyes. Xiaobai tiptoed on me and whispered,
"If you can catch me without using your magic, I will let you do anything you want with me. " She kissed me on the neck and then she made a mad dash for it laughing and giggling.

It made me smile. A wide smile. I shook my head in her childishness but this offer of hers is very tempting and my blood is humming in anticipation. Xiaobai and her coquttetish ways. I thought to myself. The man inside me is challenged and I for one never turned down challenges especially when the reward is satisfying and thirst quenching.

Taichen Goong

"You have to go back to Qingqiu now Zhonglin. You have to inform Dong hua. " it was third prince Lian Song who said in a panicky voice and he just kept on walking to and fro.
"I just came there your highness. They are in Bihai Canglin still. I will just send a missive then. " Zhonglin left to compose and send a missive.
"If we can't locate his highness Dijun,  we better go and see Mo Yuan. " it was Siming now who stood and looked at the life size window, worriedly.
"How did we overlook this?" Siming asked.
"Remember that everyone is busy in Dong hua's upcoming marriage ceremony and Dong hua himself has been pre occupied." it was Lian Song who stated it a matter of factly.
"There will be no wedding ceremony if his highness will learn that Miao lou broke off the prison His highness created for her. " Siming said and sighed.

"I already sent the missive.  We will just have to wait. " Zhonglin said.

"Can you visit the demons? Check them. " Lian Song ordered Zhonglin.

"Definitely your highness. " and Zhonglin left.

"What is happening?" Lian Song and Siming turned.  It was indeed his highness Dong hua Dijun.

"Thank goodness you received the missive. It's all about Miao lou. " Lian Song said and he saw his friends eyes widen a little bit.

"She's free isn't she? " Dijun asked in a quite yet scary voice.  All Siming and Lian Song could do is nod.  They saw Dijun closed his eyes and then walked to one of the life size windows and look up the sky. 

After staring for quiet a while,  Dijun faced them again and this time his aura and deameanor is that of old Dong hua Dijun full of power and authority. Dijun looked at Siming and said without blinking or pausing,  "If I can't come back on the day of my wedding,  please hand this to Xiaobai. " and appeared a rolled missive.  "Give this to her no matter what. You need to see her  reading it with your own eyes before you go. Do you understand Siming? "
Siming can only nod.  He felt definitely afraid especially when his lord is acting and saying like this.  Dijun informed Lian Song to call on a meeting with his father Tianjun and back again is the old Dong hua dijun.

Siming looked at the rolled missive and he thought that whatever is written inside may make or break the fragile destiny of the emperor of all realms and the queen of Qingqiu.