Morning sleepy

The sun had set, the sky was now a deep blue with random dotted stars. Thomas was settled on a bed, in the med bay, with Minho sat asleep on a chair beside him. He wasn't allowed to sleep on the hammocks because they couldn't support his knee. Thomas couldn't sleep, he kept replaying the moment of him being shot in his head. Every time he did he winced, and he swore he could feel a sting in his knee but it left as quick as it had arrived.
They needed to find Janson, Thomas thought as he slowly drifted of into a peaceful slumber.

After 9 hours of peaceful sleeping, Thomas woke. He sat upright and scooted back so he was leaning against the header of the bed. He looked over at Minho who was half drooling in his sleep. Thomas gave a slight giggle. When was the last time he laughed? It hadn't been for a very long time. Thomas returned his thoughts to Newt. It was unfair how his best friend, his brother had not been immune. He had to kill Newt. The moment replayed in Thomas's mind until Minho grabbed hold of his hand. "You alright?" Minho asked, his voice was soft and caring.
"I had to kill him," Thomas replied in an almost whisper m, his voice cracking. He hadn't realised he was crying until that moment. Thomas didn't say anymore. Minho pulled Thomas gently into a hug, both boys were crying now, not caring how much it made them look like little kids.

After a while, Minho sat back in his chair, wiping the tears from his eyes. Thomas didn't, he just let them continue to roll down his cheeks.

Minho and Thomas left the med bay to get some breakfast. They left slightly earlier than usual because it took Thomas a while to walk over to the diner which was on the opposite side of the camp. Brenda, Jorge and Frypan sat with them. Brenda noticed Thomas had been crying. Minho realises she was going to say something and so changed the subject immediately. "How was everyone's sleep," Minho questioned looking at Thomas, even though everyone knew Thomas wasn't going to answer. Thomas was staring across the horizon at the dark sky. He could still see some stars of in the distance.
"I slept like a baby," Minho said in answer to his own question.

Everyone was talking and chattering, everyone except Thomas. Tears were still rolling down the boys face. Thomas swing his legs over the side of the bench and stood up. He started to limp heavily toward the edge of the grass. Everyone turned to look at Thomas who had only taken a couple of steps. The group shared a look before Minho got up and leisurely walked behind the limping boy. Thomas stopped just before the sea. Minho was impressed Thomas had walked to far. Minho stood to the side of Thomas who's gaze was still focused on the stars.