Run

Friday afternoon and I was spent already. Everything was in place, Zabuza was on his way and I needed a drink. It was only three in the afternoon, and I decided to at least look at something besides a guest list. I picked up my phone and pulled up Instagram, something I was hardly ever on. I just scrolled, not really pay attention to anything until I nearly choked on my own spit.

Doesn't this bring back memories!

When did I start following this bitch? No, it was posted onto Obito's and Kakashi's. I rolled my eyes shoved my phone in my pocket, only for it to vibrate. Sighing, I pulled it out to see a text from Kakashi. I'll be over this afternoon after you get off work. Um, okay... why? I sent back.

3:22pm
From Kakashi:
You never came to the precinct last week. And I didn't talk to you at Naruto's party.

3:24pm
To Kakashi:
I forgot. And, you were busy.

3:27pm
From Kakashi:
I'll be over about 7. Okay?

He'd just show up anyway.

3:28pm
To Kakashi:
Okay

I tossed my phone on my desk and rubbed my temples. Zabuza was getting in at five on the dot he said, so I was leaving at 4:30 today, and it couldn't come soon enough. I didn't want to deal with anyone, or anything, at the moment. I knew better though, tomorrow was going to be busy as hell, I had to be at the mansion at nine in the morning.

First, the deliveries started at 11am, then the girls were arriving at noon, manicures, pedicures and facials, before getting ready. Then, the event started with dinner at 6pm sharp, followed by the silent auction beginning at 7:30pm. Dancing opened at 8pm, the bachelorette auction started at 10pm, before the event ended at midnight. I put my head on my desk and stretched my arms across the cool surface.

I remained in that position as I mulled over the events of the time I've been back in Konoha. The first month wasn't that bad, not in the grand scheme of things. I met Kiba, had some fun and I was living my brother and repairing my relationship with him. Working at the club wasn't that bad all, my friends were Naruto's friends, but those men at work, I considered my friends too.

Kisame was definitely a friend, saving my ass in Kiri and keeping me in line here. Hidan, he's really turned out to be a great friend, lying to his boss, and his bosses boss, and Madara. Dei, he was helpful and sweet, and nice to look at. Kakuzu, he was more of an acquaintance I suppose. Pein, he was simply my boss, but he could've been much worse considering who he was.

Really and truly, my life could've been much worse. At any given point over the last six months, let alone the last two, all hell could've broken loose. Between Ry and Danzo, I'm lucky to be alive. Getting away with the flirting and nonsense with Madara, I was lucky to not be a sex slave. The bet with the Uchiha cousins was annoying, but that also could've turned out badly.