Love(r)

A soft noise escaped my lips before I bolted upright and a hoarse scream left me. I was sweaty and panting and memories of the night before came rushing back to me like a freight train passing in the dark night. I felt a hand on my thigh and I went to strike but I was easily subdued and pinned to the plush bed, sheets tangled around me. I hadn't realized I was crying until I noticed the blurring of my vision as I blinked to focus on Madara's face. When he saw the panic he let go of me only to pull me into his chest as he lay beside me.

"Breakfast is in the sitting room," he spoke tenderly and I relaxed into his hold as he caressed my side and hip with his callused hand. I only nodded into his chest, "I called the hospital," I pushed away just enough to see his face, "your brother is awake."

My face lit up at the words, he wasn't fully awake when I left the night before. He had been in and out and mumbling nonsense, but he wasn't coherent. "I can't go see him," I buried my head into his chest again, "not like this. And not knowing what I know." I'd scream it from the rooftops if I saw Naruto or Kakashi right now. Maybe anyone with a badge for that matter.

Madara was quiet and still aside from his hand still brushing my bare skin. I was naked aside from the red lace panties I had on. Madara was only in his underwear as well, his body warm and comforting as he held me. Was I a horrible person for finding comfort in his arms at the moment? Or was it even worse that I was actually thankful it was his arms and not his nephews that I was in at the moment? I couldn't bear the thought of seeing Obito at the moment.

Madara moved slightly and his finger hooked under my chin to make me look at him, "I'll go with you," he kissed my forehead.

"What about work?" I asked as I opened my eyes to hold his dark gaze.

Madara's lip moved slowly into a ghost of a smile, "I took the day off." I was surprised by his words, Madara never took the day off. "Shisui is bringing me some security footage this afternoon, but I have nothing to do today but take care if you."

I think I made a noise of confusion because his chest rumbled with a soft laugh. "Why would you-"

His large hand moved to brush my hair from my face and his eyes swirled with emotion. "Because I love you," this was the first time he's out and out said the words to me, "my brother did not tell me of his plan, nor what the aftermath would be. I can't apologize for his actions, but I can make up for my own. I will tell you my wrongdoings, so he cannot use them against me, or you, again."

I cried. Maybe I was a glutton for punishment. Maybe it was because I never had anyone love me this deeply. Maybe everything was just fucked up and I was emotional. Maybe, maybe I didn't know what in the hell I was doing anymore, but I cried. Emotion stirred in me and I know it wasn't love, not the love I hold for Obito. I'll die for Obito, no questions asked, but I still felt this need to help Madara, protect him even, and the sudden realization terrified me.

"Okay," was all I could manage to say at the moment. His face fell slightly and I feigned a shy expression by glancing towards his chest and biting my lip innocently. I had to say it, I had to say it back if I wanted this to be believable and for him to continue to trust me. "Because I love you." God that hurt to say, but it worked.

Madara firmly, but gently, tilted my head in order to kiss me. He was soft and forgiving in his kiss and his hands were the same as he caressed me. He pulled away and we were both breathless. I smiled up at him and he gave me one last kiss to my lips before he slipped from the bed. I was curious how long he'd wait before he claimed me again. Would he wait until I didn't flinch at his every touch? Would it be when the bruises were gone? Would he wait until I made the first move? I just wanted to forget last night ever happened.