A Love Lost or A Lost Love

March 8th:

- Seventeen days until the wedding

Madara had gone out of town, which he would be doing a lot of this month it seemed, including the week of the wedding. Y/n and Madara had grown even closer over the last few days, the secret binding them. He could tell it still bothered her, greatly, and he used it to his advantage. Strangely though, they hadn't had sex since she was released from the hospital. He had been loving and tender with her, but never pushed for sex. When she had attempted to seduce him, he simply turned it into taking care of her in some way.

Y/n was pacing the hallways of the mansion and deciding if she really was going to go through with this. She had to make sure it looked like she was getting married, down to every last detail. Mikoto was helpful, but a disappointed look was always on her face. Sakura was far too pregnant to keep helping her, so she did a lot of the wedding planning with Kisame. Tsunade, not that she wanted to see or speak to the woman anyway, but she hasn't even called since the wedding announcement.

A deep breath in and huff of annoyance she walked out the rear door where the parking lot was. She had texted Shisui and asked for him to pick her up at six in the evening. When the door closed behind her she stopped dead in her tracks. Rather than seeing the truck and a goofy grin on Shisui's face, she was greeted with a sleek sports car and uncertain expression on Obito's face. She opened her mouth before it closed again, unsure of what to say. Obito chuckled and walked closer, making her feel... a lot of different things.

"Shisui had a date," Obito explained as he stopped before her, "he called me and said you needed a ride."

Another huff and she crossed her arms and looked away from him, "Kisame is with Madara and I'm grounded apparently." Madara refused to let her go anywhere alone, ever. She cut her eyes over to see his face.

When he peered down at her and those onyx orbs softened, she was suddenly reminded of the first time they met and she was breathless. "I don't mind," he smiled, "we haven't spent time together in a long time."

She dropped her arms and looked at him as though he had grown another head, "You just don't care what consequences may come, do you?"

Obito shrugged and put his hands in his pockets, "He already won, he's marrying you," he smirked as he lifted a hand to grip her chin, making sure she didn't look away, "what more could he possibly do to me?"

She shook her head and pulled away, taking a step back, "I'm not doing this," her voice was much lower than before. Her heart couldn't take anymore, and he was her weakness, "I need to go see Naruto."

Y/n walked away and to his car while he stood there trying to figure her out. Obito has watched her changed so much in such a short amount of time. Six months. In six months they've seen so much together. They've seen each other change so much. They've experienced so much, together and separately, and it's changed them. The one thing that hasn't changed: they need each other.

Obito shook his head slightly and sighed before following her to the car. She was already inside, arms crossed and gaze focused out her window as she tapped her foot against the floorboard. He had this cheesy grin on his face as he thought about how much this was like a lover's spat and he wanted to have more of them. Obito, always living in his own world, would pretend this was normal, that they were normal.

Once they were on the road she started to relax, but it was a false sense of security. Being close to Obito always made her feel at ease. His scent filled her nose and the worry washed away. She shifted in her seat and he noticed how she subconsciously leaned to the center console and their arms now touched. Y/n sighed and closed her eyes as she let her head rest on her seat. He took a chance and placed his hand on hers and he watched as her lips spread into a soft smile, making him do the same. It was short-lived though.