III

My most favourite part of the whole day is when I can sit back and unwind from all of the school work I've been enduring. I always spend it the same way. I sit at home, alone, reading my favourite book.

I grabbed my water, pursing my lips to take a sip. I stopped, dropped my glass and gasped. Water spilled all over my shirt and the glass smashed on the floor. But I didn't really care at this point. I had something much more important to be worrying about.

I had finally felt the sixth sense. It felt like the best day of my life. I squealed, jumping up. My taste buds were smothered with the sweet taste of-

Beer?!

All of a sudden, my life seemed to collapse around me. From something that seemed so incredible, it was amazingly anticlimactic.

I scrunched up my nose, running to the bathroom and immediately brushing my teeth vigorously, causing my gums to get swollen and red raw. I couldn't get the horrible taste out of my mouth.

When the taste finally died down, I settled back in my comfy chair, picking up my book. I put my glasses on, sighing and closing my eyes.

"This can't be my life" I shuddered, resting my head in my palms.

I tasted nothing for two days after. I thought my soul mate had found a new soul mate already, which was completely unheard of since he was only my soul mate for a day. But to my misfortune, I once again tasted alcohol. But this time it was more strong and unbearably sharp.

The taste of vodka on my tongue made me feel nauseated to the point where I was almost sick. I had never had lots of alcohol in one go- I had barely ever had a drink. I cried, wishing that the taste would go away. I cried so hard that I could taste my own salty tears, which was actually quite a nice break from the disgusting taste of alcohol.

It was seeming as if my soul mate was an alcoholic- and at such a young age I was surprised, but mostly frightened for myself.