Prologue: Amarylla

The war had been tough, the fight against the planet-eater Cataclysm a struggle only overcome with the help of the home-world's Tree of Life, at the expense of much of its power. But they had repelled its forces and sealed it away.

Thinking it was finally over, Amarylla had finally let her senshi guise go, grateful to run away from the responsibility she had been forced to bear during the attack, and returning to the small moon orbiting a planet far from Ediona that she called home.

Reunited with her people, she was grateful to see that Meida had been left mostly untouched by Cataclysm, the small army it sent had been wiped out by a coalition of Ranhana in a rare treaty of several tribes working together, along with some of the stronger Meidan Edionans, resulting in little loss of life.

There was peace, and finally she was able to relax.

Except, of course, it didn't last long.

The home-world had not been as lucky as Meida, and with the Tree's energy depleted from the war, energy was scarce

The home-world had not been as lucky as Meida, and with the Tree's energy depleted from the war, energy was scarce. Soon, a civil war had broken out, fighting for what little energy the tree had left, and in the wake of that turmoil, the remnants of Cataclysm's undead army attacked once more, wiping out most of the remaining population.

Once again, Meida was untouched by the chaos, and as a result, some of those that did survive made their way to the colony as refugees seeking shelter. The Meidans let them in, because how could they say no? They were a peaceful and laid back people, and were happy to help.

However the home-worlders were scared and anxious, and did not know Meida like their native counterparts, and the laid back nature of the Meidans did not help them to inform the home-worlders of how to live in this jungle full of dangers.

As a result, it was not long before several home-worlders, spooked by a Ranhana sighting, sparked a fight that broken the long held truce between the two people. The Ranhana were brutal and unforgiving, they did not take kindly to offence, and war broke out.

Amarylla was forced to transform once again, and as Sailor Meida she tried to make peace between the peoples again, but the Ranhana bitterness at her perceived theft of the Sailor Meida mantle had bubbled over in the midst of this war, and her pleas were ignored.

It was not long before the Edionan population on Meida was all but wiped out, and Amarylla was left alive once again.

Alone and weary, she made her way to the Meidan Tree of Life. It was small, compared to the home-world's one, but it cared for her none the less. Following the lead of its progenitor, it took her in, wrapped her in a pod of roots and vines, and remade a sapling of itself for her to take as it sent her into space to find a new home where she would be safe.

Curled up in her pod, saying goodbye to her home for the final time, Amarylla vowed to find the survivors of her race, making it her mission to track them down and reunite her people.