Anxious - Zenitsu

. .. .. 。・° • ° ・。 .. .. .

It wasn't like he didn't think you were attractive-

On the contrary, you had to be the most beautiful creature he'd ever had the pleasure of laying his tired eyes on; your hair framed your face perfectly, your skin looked smoother than silk, and your eyes, well, he could look at them all day, he swore he could.

Or...he would if he wasn't so damn intimidated by you.

Whenever you caught him staring at you, his entire face would flush and he suddenly found it incredibly hard to breath. His eyes would dart back and forth from the ground, to what ever was behind you, and back to your eyes- in that order. But no matter how many times you'd catch him looking at you, you would always gift him with a bright smile and slight wave. You didn't yell at him, didn't insult him, you didn't even give him that disgusted look he was so used to recieving- you just... smiled. And so, he made up his mind. He plucked up his courage, along with some wild flowers, and decided that today was the day.

Today was the day he'd finally hold a conversation with you.

"Um, excuse me!" Real good start, Zenitsu...

You turned to face him completely, combing your fingers through your bangs in a useless attempt to fix the stray hairs and giving him one of those signature smiles of yours.

"Ah- Zenitsu, Hi!"

God, even hearing his name on your tongue was a blessing he wasn't worthy of recieving. He shuffled closer, face flushing a shade or two darker and grinning shyly despite his usual brazen facade. He was actually quite docile, you noticed.

He squeezed his eyes shut and bowed his head as he shakily offered you the flowers he'd picked

"For you!!!"

He half expected you to slap him but your fingertips brushed against his hand before gingerly taking the irises in your grasp. Chancing a glance at your face, he was surprised to see it held a tender expression- one that was directed towards him.

"Zenitsu, these are beautiful..! Thank you so much!"

"O-of course!"

Before you could even speak again, his nerves finally got the best of him and he found himself scampering in the direction of the Butterfly Estate.

Did...did that count as a conversation?

. .. .. 。・° • ° ・。 .. .. .

y'all I wrote this a smooth month ago lmao