Bittersweet

Jesse's p.o.v
Okay today I will help Kenz get back into the water. I see her in the beach. She seems so distance. As thousands and thousands of tourists cause commotion on the sand it's like none of it is seen by her. She just has tunnel vision on the one thing that she can't let herself reach. It's like she's scared but at the same time completely devastated with herself for not going back.
Maxi and i are on break at the Moment so I came up with a plan and told him. Basically we were going to trick her to get her in the water. We are just counting on her taking after her brothers life guardiness. We also got the on duty life guards in the loop to prevent further commotion.

Kenzie's p.o.v
Straight after school I came to the beach. I was in my bathers this time but I still couldn't do it. I was just sat there watching the water when I heard familiar voices. I saw Maxi and Jesse on their break in the water. They were having so much fun and laughing with each other. I so badly wanted to join but I couldn't do it I just couldn't. Maxi briefly looked over at me then looked back at Jesse. They laughed and laughed waiting for the next wave. But the wave came and left and neither of them came back up.

I jolted you straight waiting for them to resurface but that time never happened. I mean it had only been about ten seconds but I was freaking out. I looked at the other lifeguards and they weren't doing anything. Why weren't they doing anything.

I quickly detached my metal foot and hobbled to the waters edge gaining a fair few judgmental glances but side lining them and racing for the water. Once I was in it felt so good but I didn't have time to bask in the feeling I had to find my brother.

Before I got to the last place I saw them two heads bopped up and looked at me with encouraging smiles. They tricked me.

I swam to them and whacked them both over the head.
"You idiots I was worried, you can't just do that to someone, what if I didn't come huh, what if you guys drowned you are stupid stupid stupid!!" With each stupid I whacked them again. They looked guilty but them Maxi perked up.

"But Kenz, look where you are. Kenzalina Maxwell you did it!!"

Maxi's p.o.v
I was a little iffy about Jesse plan but I knew that it was worth a try so I agreed.
We went fairly deep into the water and started just having a laugh but also trying to be quite loud to make sure it grabbed Kenzie's attention. As soon as I saw she was looking at us I told Jesse that we should go under the next wave. Just at the last second we breathed in as much as we could. It didn't take us long to come back up, about 30 seconds max but when we resurfaced we saw Kenz coming towards us. She was swimming she was actually swimming. I had the biggest goofy smile on my face which must of given a2ay this was a joke and her worried facial expression swiftly transitioned into hatred and anger. She swam faster towards us and hit us both over the head.
Jesse started smiling as well until she started ranting about how stupid we were. I felt the smallest bit guilty I guess but I couldn't help myself from smiling like an idiot.
"But Kenz, look where you are."

After she realised what she had accomplished we just kinda had fun in the water for a while, until our break was over. We went back to shore and I gave Kenz a piggy back to the place her stuff was, except her foot wasn't there. Like her metal one.

Who steals a foot?!
Kenz couldn't really walk now, having the foot means she didn't need crutches so she doesn't have them with her. I helped her up to the tower with her remaining stuff while we watched the water. I had jeffro look at the security to see if what happened was captured and when he found it he asked to show me.
"Hang on im watching these two with the flow ties they might be in trouble soon, just show Kenz."
"Um, i think you should see it first Maxi."

A/N PLEASE READ
Okay so 1)sorry it took so long to update, I was really struggling with ideas and I was also quite stressed about school. 2) the start of this story was actually a dream I had once, so I have been struggling to extend it. 3) this chapter was inspired by a comment from AbbyandGabby I know I didn't really write it well and sorry for the poop ending but I will try to update more frequently.

Once again if you have any suggestions please feel free to help me out :) Thankyou so much I really didn't expect this many people to read this