Chapter 4

Bonnie never found out what had happened on that day with Bonbon, but he had definitely returned to normal, bugging Bonnie and talking on and on. But Bonnie noticed how whenever he talked to Bonbon (or Bonbon talked to him, he should say), Bonbon would move closer and closer to him, but would never mention. If Bonnie mentioned it, he'd laugh and end up walking away.

It was like he was teasing him.

'Hey Bonnie,' Bonbon greeted with a sing-song voice as Bonnie walked past him.

Bonnie didn't respond, but once around the corner found he could still hear Cece and Bonbon talking. Though he knew it was rude to eavesdrop, he wasn't meant to hear the conversation but just happened to gain interest from what they said.

'What was that?' Cece asked him, smirking a little as though she already knew.

'What was what?' Bonbon acted oblivious.

'Is that your way of flirting?' Cece asked.

Bonnie felt the world around him freeze a moment, flirting? Bonbon was flirting with him?

'No, that's called a greeting, not flirting, Cece,' Bonbon said, despite the prominent blush on his face.

'Oh, but you're blushing, bunny boy,' Cece tapped his cheeks with her fingers, 'how cute.'

'It's not cute, and I was not flirting,' Bonbon defended himself, but his voice had grown quiet. 

'Sure, sure, let me know how it goes,' Cece winked.

Bonbon almost laughed, 'Yeah, because that would happen.'

'So you're admitting you're hopelessly in love with someone you think doesn't love you back?' Cece asked.

'No, I'm admitting he hates me and I don't like him like that,' Bonbon smiled back trying to keep his cocky self, but the blush itself still hadn't gone completely.

Cece hummed a sarcastic 'sure' before getting up from her seat and walking off somewhere else. Bonnie felt frozen in place, was that what everyone around the pizzeria thought? He didn't actually know Bonbon was gay. In fact, he didn't know much about the boy. Regardless, Bonnie tried to shake it off, reminding himself how Bonbon denied it with valid reasoning, he just hoped was all true. Well, he didn't hope it was true, but he just ...

... actually he didn't know. Did he want Bonbon to like him? What hit worse was how Bonbon thought Bonnie hated him. Hate. He didn't hate him, Bonbon wasn't a bad person, but Bonnie almost felt guilty for making Bonbon think that.

Bonnie's legs dragged him out of the room he was in, walking where Bonbon was sat. Still, he kept over a metre between them.

'I don't hate you, you know?' Bonnie spoke, watching Bonbon's eyes widen as a blush came back to his cheeks, 'I just find you annoying, that's all.'

'Oh,' Bonbon looked away, staring off to the side, 'I didn't know you heard.'

Bonnie felt something in his stomach, something that made him lie, 'Well I didn't hear it all, but I assumed the only person around here you'd think hated you was me. So I wanted to clarify.'

He saw a sign of relief in Bonbon's eyes as he let out a shaky breath and his shoulders dropped a bit of their tenseness, 'Oh, well nice to know.'

Bonbon still didn't keep eye contact, but he did watch Bonnie as he turned his back and walked away.