Chapter 7

Bonbon hadn't spoken to Bonnie since, something Bonnie actually dislike. He always figured if Bonbon left him alone, he'd be happy. But no, he missed the company, the cute giggle, the curious questions. Others had noticed his more distant presence, considering he had sort of just shunned everyone out. They'd try to talk to him, but he'd shrug them off pretending he was fine, lying through his teeth. 

He thought back to the conversation he had overheard with Cece and Bonbon, maybe all of this was because he liked Bonnie? Maybe he was really embarrassed by what he had said about a kiss? Maybe there was a different reason? He hoped there was a different reason, Bonnie didn't want to be the purpose another was hurting and casting everyone else out.

'Freddy?' Bonnie raised concern with the only person he could. Freddy had been the last person to talk to him properly, not just small talk. He hoped to wear down and know why Bonbon was so affected by this, 'do you really not know anything else with Bonbon?'

Freddy sighed, 'It's not my place to say.'

'Well he's not going to be saying it anytime soon,' Bonnie reminded, 'won't it help solve all of this?'

'It's a 50/50 chance,' Freddy vaguely said.

'Don't you want to take that chance?'

'No, because of it's the wrong side then it will make it all worse,' Freddy shook his head.

'Freddy, just take the chance,' Bonnie wasn't dumb, he had a strong feeling all of this was about Bonbon basically admitting his feeling to Bonnie and feeling extremely embarrassed and ashamed of it. That's why he had told Cece he thought Bonnie hated him. However, Bonnie had an attraction to the boy. He'd always admired him for being happy and lighting a place up, he'd always felt warm when he was around no matter how many eye rolls he gave. This wasn't a stranger to him, he knew he was slowly developing feelings for him, even if he wanted to deny it with all his head.

'Something tells me you already know, Bonnie,' Freddy stared into Bonnie's eyes.

'Oh?' Bonnie said.

'Yeah, you know he likes you, I don't think you're that stupid,' Freddy almost smiled.

Bonnie stifled a laugh, 'Thanks.'

'You're welcome,' Freddy joked, beginning to walk off, 'go find him.'

Admittedly, Bonnie grew a small blush as Freddy smirked walking away. Following those words, Bonnie went off to find him. He looked around most rooms, not being able to find him, before resting on the bathroom as a high bet. The moment he walked in, he heard faint cries come from the only locked stall. 

'Bonbon?' He softly spoke, hearing the crying quiet down the moment he made himself known, 'are you crying, Bonbon?'

'No!' Bonbon quickly spoke, perhaps too quick.

Bonnie sighed, leaving against the door, 'I know that's a lie. Come on, tell me what's wrong.'

'No,' Bonbon hitched a breath, then whispered, 'just go away, Bonnie.'

Bonnie chuckled, 'Usually it's me telling you to go away.'

Bonbon could've laughed, but the clouds of depression wouldn't let him this moment in time. Instead, he just stayed silent, besides the silent crying that just seemed to control him.

'Bonbon, come out,' Bonnie asked, gently, then sighed again, 'please.'

'Why?' 

'Because I'm telling you to,' Bonnie responded.

'So what? I'm supposed to listen to you? Just leave me alone, Bonnie, I don't want to talk right now,' Bonbon raised his voice. Well, best he could. 

'That's not like you.'

'Isn't it? Because last I checked you don't know me so what would you know?' Bonbon returned. Bonnie was surprised at that outburst.

'What are you trying to say?' Bonnie grew suspicious.

'I'm not trying to say anything!' 

'No, what did you mean by that?'

Bonbon scoffed, 'Do you know how it feels to have the one person you want to like you back to tell you everyday they hate you, want you to permanently go away. Then when you finally do they act all concerned and pretend they care when for the past God knows how many months they never cared for you?' Bonbon almost yelled.

Bonnie swallowed loudly, then leaved his head against the door, 'I never said I hated you.'

He heard Bonbon make a sound of disbelief, as though it didn't matter. But to Bonnie, it did.

'I don't hate you, and I do care about you. I know I've told you to go away, but I didn't realise how much I'd actually miss you,' Bonnie paused a moment, 'you just light up every room you go into, you're always so happy and able to make anyone laugh. I didn't realise I'd miss that stupid adorable giggle you do after anything I say, I didn't realise I'd miss your bright eyes lighting up. You've become so distant, I want you back.'