Chapter 1.4

ℂ𝕙𝕢𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 1.4 - 𝕄𝕪 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣

The day of their wedding soon came. It seemed like the deities have been setting the mood for them due to the perfect weather on that day.

The wedding is settled to be a traditional Japanese shrine wedding. The venue is at the Minamoto Household since it is wider.

And there was a shrine there.

"Are you nervous dear?" Hana's mother placed her hand on the bride's shoulder.

Hana held her mothers hand to somewhat ease her nerves.

"I could not deny that. I'm just worried. What if i trip and embarass myself in front of everyone? What if he suddenly gets cold feet and runs away?" She rambled.

Her mother chuckled "There is nothing to worry about my precious daughter. First of all, you trained in a heavy kimono so your chances of tripping is very slim. Secondly, I see the way he looks at you, you know? He looks at you as if his world revolves around you" Hana blushes and covers her face from embarassment.

Her mother smacked her arms so that she wouldn't ruin the makeup. "Hey! Don't ruin the makeup i worked hard on"

Hana rubbed the part that was just hit with a pout "Also, don't think i didn't see him and you looking at each other when you practice" Hana looked at her mother with wide eyes.

"Eh?! You know?!" Her mother laughed "Oh of course i do! I was surprised you didn't get to know each other until he requested you"

"But why didn't you say anything?" Hana asked which made her mother grin. "I thought it was cute" Hana regained the red tint on her cheeks from her mother's words.

She felt the woman's hand on her cheek which made Hana look at her who has a proud smile.

"I am delighted to see my daughter happy with someone who treasures her like i do" she said softly to the teen.

Hana smiled back at her mother "Thank you mother"

Soon enough the wedding has commenced.

Her mother escorted her to the main hall. It was a Shinto wedding so the groom is supposed to escort the bride to the shrine.

Once she got out of the room she was in, she immediately spotted her fiancee who looked good in his black wedding kimono.

Taichi looked at her fondly which made her blush. Even though it wasn't seen since she has her geisha makeup on her face.

Instead she just smiled at him while trying to balance the many accessories on her head.

When she is already beside him, he whispered to her "You are really the prettiest" she immediately hit him om his chest to somewhat conceal her embarassment.

"Stop saying such things! My Goodness" Taichi chuckled as he rubs the part where she hit.

"Nonetheless, I can't wait to call you my wife" he held her hand intertwined it.

"And i too, can't wait to call you my husband"

Not long after, they started walking to the shrine.

They held each other's hand as they walk even though it is against tradition. The others just let them be since they thought it was cute.

"Ne Hana" She looked at Taichi with a smile "Hm?"

"I love y-" his delighted face turned into a shocked and pained one. "Tai...chi..?" Taichi started to fall making the others panic.

"There's someone over there!"

"Catch them!"

While Hana kneeled down beside her fallen lover.

She saw the arrow that has pierced his now bloody chest. The same red liquid also started coming out of his mouth.

"Taichi! Stay with me darling! Don't you dare close your eyes!" she held his hand tightly as she spoke to him with a desperate tone.

"You have always been the most beautiful woman in my eyes" he coughed out more blood as he spoke.

"Don't speak! Just stay with me. Stay with me" she kissed his hand as she looked at him with tear filled eyes.

"I didn't really tell you just how much dirty work i have been doing for the emperor. I was expecting this to happen to me. I just hoped they picked another day" he hoarsely chuckled making Hana cry more.

"I told you not to speak. Don't you dare close your eyes on me" Taichi smiled softly at her.

He weakly lifted up his hand and held her cheek "Can i ask for a kiss at least?"

Hana leaned in and placed her lips on his. Taichi could taste the salty tears that was leaving her eyes. He too, teared up as well.

"I love you, my commander" Hana whispered to him sorrowfully.

"I love you too, my flower princess. Ne, smile for me" Hana bit her lip then gave him a sorrowful smile.

"Good night my darling" Taichi gave her his last smile as he now closed his eyes permanently.

Hana now dropped her smile as her screams of pain amd sorrow rang throughout the whole estate.

Hana cradled his now cold body that still has a smile on its face.

Her parents and Taichi's parents finally came and saw the scene.

"My baby" her mother jogged to her side and hugged her from the back. To provide comfort.

Still, she didn't let him go.

"Father-in-law" she called the head of the Minamoto family. "What is it dear Hana?"

"Can i ask two favors from you?" she asked him while still cradling her beloved's corpse.

"Of course" she looked straight ahead. "First, please put Taichi's urn in my room. Second, find the person who killed my darling and bring them to me" she looked at them maliciously which made the adults quiver in fear.

"At all cost. Bring them to me"