Prologue

God the bills on the table haunted you, they were looking down on you with their nose stuck in the air. No doubt taking a whiff of your unemployed stench. You did have a roommate, however, so you could confide in someone at least. Though there's no way he'd be happy with this mountain of open letters.

You would spring up and talk to him about it now, though unfortunately he hasn't been home yet. Him and his friend, you scoffed as you thought about the nature of their relationship, were out on a shopping spree. You were often caught up with thinking how he had gotten so lucky. Most times convincing yourself you weren't jealous of their arrangement. Nonetheless their genuine unspoken attraction and connection towards eachother.

You had contemplated giving the sugar daddy thing a try but when you looked around for yourself, you found that there's nothing other than old men treating you like a high class prostitute, you were turned off by the whole ordeal. Regardless of how many times Carmen had told you otherwise. Though if you have someone who was almost six foot with dark brown hair, blue eyes and plump kissable lips, then you wouldn't have any problem being in that community. Of course some gorgeous man doesn't just appear out of thin air for you, so maybe looking for an arrangement would benefit you. As soon as this thought went through your head you shook it, "Eh fuck all that noise. Too much work for that kind of validation."

Keys jingled outside of your apartment door and a giggle trailed its way to your ears. That must be Carmen he's always the happiest after a day out with Dimitri. Almost as soon as the man entered his joyous aura faded far back into the car that had dropped him off and then quickly sped away. "Is it time for this again already?" He swung his purse to the front of him and dug through it.

"Its more than it was last time. I-I don't know what happened." You frowned and ran your hands threw your hair clearly stressed out. You took a gulp, "I hate to always ask this, but could you cover my half again? I-" Before you could start rambling off empty promises and chastise your lack of work, he slapped a roll of bills on the table. "Girl, you know all I do is talk and fuck for this money stop bringing yourself down, just because no one can see what an amazing journalist you are."

You rolled your eyes upset at his mention, you went to college to become a journalist but it seems New York was full up on them. His expression looked as if he was holding something back, his habitual biting of his finger nails told you it was nothing good. Your nervous system sky rocketed, oh no. "What's the big idea then?"

Your eyes were squinted at him, watching the way the corners of his lips twitched up into a smile. He always had crazy ideas that would lead the two of you into a lot of trouble. More than a few occasions had Dimitri come bail the two of you out of a holding cell.

"Well." He clasped his hands together. "Me and my baby love went to a masquerade ball the other night and met a very peculiar man." The grin on his face was mischievous. "Oh god not this again! Are you serious?" You stood up and crossed your arms, you feet glued to the carpet no matter your will to move them. You really were desperate, you hadn't had a job for months.

"Y/n! You have an extreme advantage. You have me and Dimitri! We can find you a perfect SD." He trailed off with a giggle. "That you'll be comfortable and excited in front of." You ran your hand down your chin and sighed frustration, this wasn't the first time he's tried to recruit you and you were sure it wouldn't be the last by a long shot.

"I mean-" You hesitated, "Would they see my face the first time, is there another ball we can go to? Just incase I decide I can't do it?" Carmen smirked happily, already texting his sugar daddy about your compliance. "Yeah a couple of men host it every Friday! But most exciting, you get a new dress."

He winked, you could see how excited he was. It gave you so much more anxiety when it should ease your worries. In a day or so, courtesy of Dimitri, you had plans to go shopping for a new formal get up. You just hoped meeting these type of people wouldn't be a horrible, horrible mistake.

-
I appreciate your patience with this build up :).