Chapter 9: Safe At Last

-Stan Marsh-

I was about halfway to the hospital until I remembered to call Kyle. I opened my contact names and scrolled to his name. "Who are you calling?" Bebe asked. "Kyle, I told him I'd call him when I was on my way to the hospital," I responded. "The...hospital?" Eric asked. "Yeah, for Kenny though. Kyle's fine," I said forgetting that he's still confused on the whole thing. "He's alive?!" Eric asked. I smiled, "Yeah, I was surprised too."

"Also, I thought Kyle was in prison," Eric said. He knows about that? If he knew that, I'm starting to question how much he actually knows. "No, it's-its a long story. I'll explain later," I replied. Eric sighed heavily. "He's okay Eric," Bebe said comforting him. I pushed on the call button and it started ringing.

"Hello?" Kyle asked. "Hey we're on our way to the hospital," I said. "You are? Did you find Eric?" He asked. "Yeah he's a little beaten up but he'll live," I chuckled. "Good, you need to tell me all about it later," Kyle said. I chuckled, "Oh I will, I also have Bebe by the way, she was helping me." Kyle chuckled, "Wow, you're so helpless that you needed Bebe on your team." I held in a laugh as I heard Eric and Bebe snickered. "Shut up," I teased, "How's Kenny?"

-Eric Cartman-

I lit up at the mention of Kenny. "Um, he's okay for the most part, but right when we got him out of the room he vomited everywhere so there's that," Kyle said, "They're letting us take some pain pills for when he needs them." I smiled to hear that he's okay, for the most part. "Where are you now?" Stan asked. "We're at the waiting room," Kyle replied. "Hey guys," a weak voice said over the phone. It was Kenny. "Hey dude! Are you feeling okay?" Stan asked. Kenny chuckled, "No." "Hey Ken Ken!" Bebe exclaimed. "Hey twin sister," Kenny replied.

Kenny calls Bebe his twin sister because they look alike. Blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles, et cetera. "Hey Ken," I said. "Eric! Oh my gosh you're alive! It's so good to hear from you! It's good to hear from all of you!" Kenny said. "It's good to hear from you too Ken," Stan replied. "Where are you at?" Kyle asked. "Uh, we're almost there. I'll let you go and see you there," Stan said while trying to look for a road sign that said where we were at. "Okay, I'll see you guys later, bye," Kyle said. "Bye guys!" Kenny exclaimed. We said bye back and hung up.

About 10 minutes later, Stan parked at the hospital. Once the doors unlocked we all exited and made a dash for the hospital. We swung open the doors and like Kyle said, they were sitting in the waiting room. "Guys!" Exclaimed Kyle. "Kenny! Kyle!" I said. "Eric!" Kenny said weakly. We all shared one hug while the other people in the hospital 'awed'. Kyle put his hands on my shoulders and inspected me. "A little beaten? He looks like he just got jumped by sumo wrestlers!" Kyle said, "In fact, you all look like you've been in a fight!"

"Eh something like that," said Stan. We were all still a bit out of breath. Kenny suddenly collapsed to the ground. He didn't faint, he just couldn't stand really. We helped him get back to his feet. Kyle put an arm around him and held him up. "I think we should go now," Bebe said as she looked in the state that we were all in. We all looked like we could use a shower. I nodded in agreement, "Yeah absolutely." Kyle threw Kenny over his shoulder. "Put me down Kyle! I'm not a baby!" Kenny fought. "No but you sure act like one," Bebe said.

He immediately gave up considering he wasn't in the state to deal with it. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's get the hell out of this place!" Stan said. We nodded and exited the building. We got in the car which was a bit difficult considering we had to help Kenny. I put my arm around Kenny as he leaned on me. Bebe sat next to me so I was stuck in the middle. Kyle drove since he was in the best state compared to us.

"Are any of you guys hungry? I haven't eaten anything all day," Kyle said. "Oh shit neither did I," Bebe said. "Dude, I haven't eaten in 3 days! I'm fuckin' starving!" I snapped. "Then why didn't you say anything retard?" Stan asked. ""Because we were busy doing other things doofus," I retorted. We started chuckling. "Okay okay, what do you guys want?" Kyle asked. "What do you want Ken?" I asked looking at the blonde haired teen. He smiled, "I want a happy meal."

Bebe gasped, "I want one too!" Stan chuckled, "Yeah let's all get happy meals!" "McDonalds it is then!" Kyle said as he started to drive in that direction. "So what exactly happened?" I asked.

"Well first, Aron stabbed Kenny and blamed it on Kyle. I then shot Kyle who- wait...speaking of getting shot, did they treat you for your wound?" Stan asked. "Yeah, they took the bullet out and gave me stitches, but anyways, as you were saying," Kyle said.

"Oh okay, anyways. After I shot Kyle -who I thought stabbed Kenny- I called the police who took him to prison and Kenny to the hospital. The next day, Craig's gang came by and were asking me a bunch of questions. Jimmy pointed out the security camera which was still on. I looked at the footage and saw what really happened. I kept the chip and waited a few days to get back at him. I ended up shooting Aron and took his information. I bailed Kyle out of jail and he stayed with Kenny. I then guessed that they were keeping Eric at the address that was on the card. I couldn't do this alone so I called Bebe over to help me. We found the basement and when we freed Eric we were chased. Bebe used some epic fighting skills and beat the fuck out of the workers. When we got to the top we were greeted by Arnold Benjamin whom everyone thought was dead. He was about to shoot us until one of the guys named Michael shot him. He told us to run and we got in the car. We got to the hospital and now here we are," Stan summarized.

"Damn..." I said. "Seems like you've been through some hell," Kyle commented. "Psh we've all been through some pretty deep shit," Stan said. "At least we don't have to worry about them anymore," I said. "Amen," muttered Kenny. "Guys, I love you all, but don't ever do this again or I swear I will kill all of you," Bebe said tiredly. She rested her head on my shoulder and I rested mine on top of hers.

The rest of the drive was just talking and listening to music. We finally got to McDonalds and ordered our food. "Is that all for you?" Asked the drive thru lady. "Yeah! Can I get an ice cream!?" Stan yelled. "I'm sorry but the ice cream machine is broken," she said. "Figures..." Stan mumbled.

After we got our food we ended up going back to the hut. When we got settled Kyle started turning on South Park. We were eating our food and watching South Park. We were watching 'The Ring' episode until Bebe said something. "You know, you guys are probably the closest thing to family then anything," Bebe said. Kyle grabbed the remote and paused the show, "What do you mean?" She sat up, "I mean, you guys are always with each other, always there for each other, you get me?" We all shook our heads.

She groaned, "Okay hear me out. Kyle, you're like...the father persay." Kyle cocked an eyebrow. "Ugh! You're the oldest, and the wisest. You're the first person that they come to if they need help with something. You're the first one to say if something is right or wrong. Just look at your old self! You may have an anger problem but at least you weren't a complete dumbass!" She said. "Hey! I- oh well I guess that's true," I said.

-Bebe Stevens-

I couldn't believe they didn't see this. I had to show them what I meant. "Stan, you're like -and don't take this the wrong way- the mother. You're the first one that they go to for advice. Also you're probably the tidiest as well." I said. Stan shrugged, "I guess you could say that." "Kenny, you're like the younger brother. Always the one with the most humor. You look up to the older brother and you try to live life to the fullest. You see things in a different way that no one else understands." I said. I saw him smile as he just laid there on the other couch. "Eric, you're like the older brother. You get into the most trouble but you defend the little brother. You may be the most stubborn, but you do care deeply for others." I said. He put his hand on my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"The point is, you're a family and you need to express that! You're broken and torn, but you're still holding on to one another," I said getting to the point. "You know Bebe, your family to us," Kyle said. "Really?" I said. I didn't believe it. I never considered myself as part of their group. "Yeah babe, you're definitely part of this family you speak of," Eric said. I smiled, "Thanks guys." "But you're right, I never saw it that way before, but that's amazing!" Stan said. I chuckled and snuggled up to Eric, "Thanks, now let's finish this episode."

I ended up spending the night at the hut. I'm so grateful for the people that I have. I just know that when I get to school the next day, there's going to be lots and lots of questions. I ignored the thoughts and closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.