Chapter 10: The Final Project

-Kyle Broflovski-

I woke up to the sound of the alarm. I groaned as I sat up and got ready for school. "Mornin' Kylie!" Kenny teased as he put his elbow on my shoulder. "Good morning crackhead child, I see you're feeling better," I said seeing how Kenny seemed more energetic. "Yeah, I think I just needed sleep," Kenny said chuckling. "Where are the others?" I asked seeing how Kenny and I were the only ones in the hut. "Oh they're serving free breakfast for us upstairs, so they got up early to go eat," Kenny said. "Psh, and they forgot about me?" I asked while putting on my black jacket.

"Haha no, they are just now getting breakfast. They told me to go see if you were awake. They just wanted to let you sleep in more," Kenny said. I nodded and hummed in response. I grabbed my bag, "Well let's go eat then." We went upstairs and the smell of bacon filled the air. "God that smells good," I said. "Right? Come on they're over here," Kenny said leading me to the table.

"What's up guys?" Kenny greeted. "Hey Ken! Good morning Kyle!" Bebe greeted. "Mornin Kahl," Eric said, stuffing his face. He pronounced my name wrong but I didn't care. "Hey dude," said Stan while looking at his phone. "Good morning my fellow friends," I said as I sat next to Kenny. They were all dressed and had their bags ready to go. "Here ya go," Bebe said as she passed me a plate with food on it. "Thanks Bebe," I said. Bebe got clothes from the closet. We always have a pair of clothes in case one of the members forgot them when they came over, or an unexpected sleepover.

"You know what I just remembered? We don't have an idea for the project!" Stan said. "Oh yeah! I forgot about that!" Eric said, "What are you guys doing for your project babe?" Bebe shrugged, "I don't know how to explain it really. We just combined stories from our past." "Hmm cool," I said, taking a bite of a pancake. I started to think of what we could do. We've been so caught up in what's been happening we completely forgot. The teacher probably would've excused us from it anyways.

We continued to talk about whatever came to mind until we decided to head to school. We threw our trash away and made our way to the car. Kenny and Stan raced to the car like normal while me, Eric, and Bebe took our time.

"KYLE KYLE OPEN THE DOOR OPEN THE DOOR!!" Kenny yelled while tugging at the passenger's door. Stan was trying to pull Kenny away from it. I grabbed the keys from my pocket and unlocked the door, causing them to fight more over the seat. Kenny ended up winning. Stan threw himself in the back seat. "You guys are retarted," Bebe said as she sat next to Stan in the back, followed by Eric. I sat in the driver's seat and started the car and drove off.

On the way we listened to music and spewed random things that came to our mind. I parked in the parking lot of the school and entered the school. In the distance we saw Craig's gang and Bebe's group. "Holy shit they're here!!" Craig said. We snickered and some hugs went around. It feels like forever since I've seen them.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe ya'll are back!" Wendy said. "What happened?" Token asked. "I missed you guys so much," Clyde sniffled as he hugged me from the side. We didn't say anything. It was a long story and neither of us exactly knew how to summarize it. "Uh it's a...VERY long story," Kenny said. "Yeah, we should get together sometime and explain," Stan said.

"Oh okay, you better tell us every detail when you do though," Nichole said snickering. "Will do," I replied, "Hey have you guys thought about anything for the project in the fourth period?" "W-Well Craig wanted to d-do the ti-time when he and Twe-Tweek had that fight in third gra-gra-grade," Jimmy replied. "It was a good idea!" Craig said. "Nobody wants to write about your gay love story dude," Kenny said. "Shut up.." Craig said. "Well at least you guys are okay, I'm glad it ended in a good result," Heidi said. "I know right? Thank god," Kenny replied. "It could've been worse," Butters commented.

That gave me an idea. "Hey, I'll be right back guys, I'll see all of you in fourth," I said. "Alright dude, see you later," Eric said. The rest said bye and I went to find Mr. Garrison. I went to my fourth period class and found him sitting at his desk. "Hey Mr. Garrison?" I asked. "Oh hi Kyle, you need something?" He asked. "Yeah so, for the project that you assigned us. Is it okay if other students help us, but not be a part of the group?" I asked. "Well sure Kyle, just remember to give them credit at the end," he said. I nodded, "Okay thanks." The bell rang signaling it was time to get to the homeroom.

It was the fourth period. I quickly found my group, "Guys hey I think I have an idea for the project." "Really? What is it?" Kenny asked. "How about we-"

*RING*

"Alright class get in your seats," Mr. Garrison said. I sighed and sat in my usual seat. "Alright class, so today I'm going to give you guys time to work on your project. There's nothing much else to say, get in your groups," he said. I immediately stood up and we got into our usual spot on the ground. "Okay so what did you have in mind?" Stan asked. I smiled, "Okay how about we do this."

Our project was due. We spent the rest of the month working on it. We went to eachothers house, stayed after school, and we stayed at the hut. We went over it plenty of times and we were ready. "Okay, Stan's group, you're up," our teacher said. We stood up and went to the front of the class. I held my paper tightly. I was a bit nervous and my palms were sweating. I cleared my throat and started.

"So my project is based on recent events. Last month was one of the worst times of our lives. A lot of you have been questioning us. Saying, "What exactly happened?" so we're going to tell you this story in our project. We also got some help from some friends," I said waving to Craig and Bebe's groups, "So with that said, let's start." I slightly backed away and Eric started to read.

"Hurry up Kyle!" I yelled turning back to face Kyle."