Good To Me

Chapter 5

Isabella POV

I had woken up in the middle of the night to someone's arms around me. I was still on the couch and I turned to my side it was Josh. The fact that Danielle and Kaylee left me like this. I'm going to kill them. I tried getting up but he had just held me tighter. Looks like I'm stuck here for the night I have to admit being in his arms made me feel safe.

-

I woke up again to the smell of eggs and bacon. I turned to my side and Josh wasn't here anymore.

"Goodmorning sleepyhead," Ashlyn said sitting on the couch probably doing homework.

"Where's Josh?" I said

"He's in the bathroom freshening himself up. Did you enjoy yourself last night." She said grinning and I sat up on the couch.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said rubbing my eyes

"You knew Josh was still here. So I'm guessing you woke up and just didn't want to move." She said.

"No his shoes are still by the TV," I said it was the first thing I noticed when I got up. I went to head upstairs so I could brush teeth and I ran into josh on the way up.

"Morning." He smiled and I smiled back.

"Morning," I said. Then we just stood and stared at each other. "I'm gonna get rid of this morning breath," I said and he laughed a little.

"Yeah." He said and I went to go brush my teeth.

When I got down Ashlyn and Danielle went for a walk to talk about something while Kaylee went out for a run and Josh and I were eating breakfast she made before she left.

"How was the movie last night?" I asked since I fell asleep midway through.

"Don't know I fell asleep midway through it." He said and I nodded.

"How many other instruments do you play?" He asked while sitting at my keyboard.

"Well I play guitar, bass, piano, and Ukelele," I said and he started playing the chords to You were good to me by Jeremy Zucker and Chelsea Cutler. "Is this your way of getting me to sing a song? I said smiling and sitting at the bench next to his.

"Maybe," He said then started singing the first verse

Josh, Isabella, Both

Lyin' isn't better than silence
Floatin', but I feel like I'm dyin'

Still, no matter where I go
At the end of every road
You were good to me
You were good to me, yeah
I know it's easier to run
After everything I've done
You were good to me
You were good to me
You were good to me
You were good to me

Leavin' isn't better than tryin'
Growin', but I'm just growin' tired
Now I'm worried for my soul
And I'm still scared of growin' old
You were good to me
You were good to me, yeah

And I'm so used to lettin' go
But I don't wanna be alone
You were good to me
You were good to me, yeah, oh

After he just kinda started to stared and me and stopped playing. We were both staring at each other and he started to move closer and I pulled back.

"Um yeah we sounded good," I said getting off the bench.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that. I'm such and an idiot." He said starting to put on his shoes.

"Josh your not an idiot. It's just that we work together you know. I don't want it to ruin the chemistry we have on-screen by starting something we can't finish you know." I said trying to sound as nice as possible.

"Yeah, it's okay. I'll see you on set tomorrow. He said then walked toward the door grabbing his car keys.

"Bye Josh," I said and locked the door behind him. I'm such an idiot.