Ch.4

"Maria, let me help you" Rafael said going up to me.

"I can do it myself" I said standing up. Ever since I've been home a month ago he's be by my hip the whole time. He would take me to work with him which I didn't mind at all. Seeing him take off his suit jacket and roll up his sleeves, and don't even get me started with the suspenders.

"I just wanna make sure your ok" he said softly. I looked up at him and smiled lightly.

"I can promise you I'm fine rafi, it's been a month, my injuries have healed" I said getting dressed. I was going to work with him today again.

"Yeah, except those ribs" he said tying his red tie and pulling up his dark blue suspenders over his light blue shirt.

"And tomorrow the doctor will say I'm cleared for work" I said pulling my hair into a ponytail. He looked up at me while pulling on his suit jacket.

"Don't give me that look" I said pointing at him.

"What look" he said trying to hide the smirk on his face.

"That lawyer look you always do.. you don't believe my doctor will clear me for work" I said going up to him.

"Don't do that Mi amor" he said as I got up closer to him.

"Don't do what counselor?" I asked him grabbing his suspenders and releasing them.

"What did I say about calling me counselor when we both aren't working?" He said tilting his head

"Or in bed" I said smirking a little. I pulled away from him and his hands grabbed my hips and pulled me closer

"Where do you think your going?" He asked and gave me his signature smirk before he tilted his head and started leaving kisses down my neck.

"Don't wanna be late do we mr. Barba" I said stepping back slightly.

"Ughh this isn't over" he said grabbing his briefcase and started to head for the door, me walking behind him. I slapped his ass lightly as he opened the door.

"That was an assault, I can charge you for that" he said as he locked the door. I didn't reply, I just snickered and kept on walking towards the elevator.

•••••

When we walked into his office I said hi to Carmen, his secretary and then sat down at his desk and placed my feet on the desk.

"Your getting too comfortable in my office mrs. Barba" Rafael said as he placed his briefcase down at the table across from his desk and sat down taking out paperwork and working on the case he had. The case was a gay man Who is married to other gay man, raping and assaulting other gay men who are married.