Ch.5

I walked into the station and everyone looked at me. It was my first day back at work since the kidnapping and I know all the looks everyone was giving me, they felt empathy, sympathy for me like I was a victim.

"Hey guys" I said smiling and sitting down at my desk.

"Hey Maria, how are you doing?" Fin asked

"I'm good, I saw all the looks you guys gave me. Like I was a victim.. I'm not a victim.. I'm a survivor" I said and everyone shared a look.

"We know you are" Rollins said and I smiled lightly. I buckled my badge on my waist next to my gun holster. I looked up and saw rafi walk in.

"Hey" I said. He smiled lightly and Came over to me. He kissed my head lightly as liv came over to all of us.

"Ok guys we have a case" she said as she set up the computer and hank Voight from intelligence popped up on the Skype call.

"Hey, so we have a serial rapist and trafficker here. We believe he's done some rapes in New York as well. We were hoping you could spare some detectives and the DA and send them to Chicago" hank said.

"That won't be a problem, I'll send my Sargent, a detective and ada Barba" liv said. Her and hank exchanged a few more words before she hung up.

"Well I'll book you, Barba and sonny a flight to Chicago" liv said pointing to the three of us and we nodded our head.

•••••

The three of us walked up the stows on the 21st district and to the front desk.

"Sargent platt. We're here to see Voight" I said to her. She looked up from her paperwork.

"I'll buzz you in" she said unamused. I didn't know a lot about platt but what I did know is you don't mess with her. I nodded my head and Carisi said thank you and the three of us headed to the gate.

Rafael opened the gate and let me and Carisi through and followed us as we walked up the stairs. We made it to the top of the stairs and all eyes were on us. I looked around and saw these detectives and hank office straight ahead.

"Ahh my New York friends" Voight said coming up to us and shaking our hands.

"Alright everyone. There are from Special Victims. This is Sargent Barba, detective Carisi and ada Barba." Voight introduced us.

"Come into my office and I'll get you up to speed" he said to us and we all walked into his office. He shut the door and sat down at his desk and crossed his arms.

"Domineer Callaway, hes 19 years old. He's been raping women around Chicago and some in New York and we just found out he's part of a sex trafficking ring as well" hank filled us in.

"Ok they will help you find him. May I ask why I'm here?" Rafi said.

"Since his last known address is Chicago we need you to prosecute him here. I asked you cause I've heard you were one of the best lawyers" hank said and rafi gave his signature smirk.

"Let's nail this guy" I said. We all walked out of his office and everyone introduced themselves to us.

"Alright, where was the last seen place of domineer?" I asked looking at the White board full of pictures.

"Downtown Chicago" Halstead replied.

"Have we checked security cameras, traffic cams?" I asked.

"Yes we have" Upton said

"What about checking if he has gotten on any planes, trains, buses" Carisi asked. I sat on an edge of a desk with my arms crossed.

"Hasn't gotten on any yet" Atwater said.