O/NE

"Again."

"Again."

"Again."

Jeongguk threw another right hook at Yoongi's punching mitt, softening the impact a second before he made contact.

"Your hits are weak Jeon," Yoongi tsked, as he motioned Jeongguk to throw another punch.

"Well, my finger is kinda broke, Min," Jeongguk huffed, shuffling on his feet a little as he took a breath. "What else do you expect me to do?"

The sound of Jeongguk's bare-knuckles against the punching mitts is muffled, but the impact is loud — short of his usual punches by a minute amount of decibels. They weren't practicing a legal form of boxing, it was far from it actually. Bare-knuckle boxing was illegal, the most protection allowed for your hands were hand wraps, other than that you were on your own. 

Sweat dribbled off the ends of Jeongguk's hair as he bit his lower lip in annoyance, shuffling against the floor of the ring before he threw a jab with his left and then followed it with a right cross, hitting Yoongi's cheek dead on. The impact was strong and had him staggering backward, the throb in his cheek loud in his ears as his blood rushed to the place of impact.

Spit hitting the floor of the ring, raw and heady, is prominent in the air. A mix of clear fluid and thick warm blood. Yoongi grins playfully, as he spits some more, turning back around to face Jeongguk. With his mitt covered hand, Yoongi smacks Jeongguk's shoulder, lips almost drew out into a crazy grin as his eyes glazed over with a rush of adrenaline.

"That's how you throw a punch, Guk," Yoongi grunted, getting back into his stance, using his right leg as support, bouncing on it slightly.

Jeongguk knew that this was going to backfire, putting all this strain on his finger when it's far from healed. Yet he doesn't care, a bit more healing time wouldn't hurt.

By the time they were done, everyone had gone. Jeongguk's finger was throbbing and his arms felt like jelly, just useless limbs extending from his body. He was in the locker room, white towel around his waist, skin still glistening as droplets of water rolled down his back.

Unzipping his duffle bag, Jeongguk pulled out a grey t-shirt and some sweats. He threw them on, the shirt sticking to his back because of the leftover condensation on his skin. His hands grasped his duffel bag and threw it over his shoulder, wincing as the strap caught against the extended bone of his clavicle. His muscles ached and it took an ample amount of effort for him to leave out the locker room. Yoongi had left a few minutes earlier, after Jimin checked out the inside of his mouth, making sure that his teeth weren't knocked out in the process. So Jeongguk was the only one left in the training facility.

Running his hands through his hair, Jeongguk made his way out, grunting as he used his body to open the glass doors that separated him from the rest of the campus. He could hear the sound of the door hitting against its stopper a bit too strongly, but paid it no mind as he started his journey to his dorm. Jeongguk dragged his heels heavily across the pavement, the gravel rearranging beneath his shoes.

It was cold out and with each breath, a greyish-white cloud would follow. Ruffling his hair beneath his calloused hands he kept on walking. Playfully bouncing over cracks in the pavement, and counting each person he walked by. In his peaceful daze, Jeongguk hummed, walking by the soccer field and indoor training facility that was a few minutes from his dorm. Turning to glaze over the usually peaceful field at this time of night, he's met with the team dribbling the ball across the field and it makes him stop in his tracks, he's never seen the team actually practice and this late at that.

Jeongguk used to play soccer, a midfielder actually, was one of the best in his age group, yet he didn't like the sport, only playing it for the experience. However, it's been years since he's been on the field. There were times where he'd have an indoor soccer game with his friends, but other than that it was nothing serious. He became disconnected with the concept of time as he watched, watched the muscles in their legs strain as they dribbled their way across the whole field and back. His eyes though were attached to one person, shoes a bright red against the fake green grass, his light blonde hair submerged in a soft glow from the light of the moon peeking out from behind the cloud-covered night sky.

The way he strategically kept the ball in the air, never straying behind for a second caught Jeongguk's eyes. He was across the field and back before the rest, his abilities shining through in this particular instance. The upper part of his arm, right beneath his armpit was covered by a red band, a large white 'C' printed on the fabric. Jeongguk could feel his eyes strain to see it, and that's when he realized this dude was the captain. As he fully looks him over, he then realized he was an incredibly good looking captain at that. His jaw strong, and eyes large, a perfectly sloped nose and thick heart-shaped lips with strong brows on showcase — courtesy of the headband that held back his blonde locks.

"I see he caught your eye, yeah?" A palm was pressed against Jeongguk's shoulder, making him flinch inwardly at the pressure.

"I— he's okay I guess, n-nothing special about him." Jeongguk sputtered out, coming off as if he was trying to convince himself that rather than the latter. "Now's not the time Joon, I-I have to get back to the dorm anyways."

Leaning over and resting his upper half on the railing that separated the field from the sidewalk, Namjoon gave Jeonggguk a lazy smile, "You would've been there already if you weren't out here ogling old lover boy over there." The older male quirked his brow, gesturing towards the blonde.

"Loverboy?" Jeongguk chortled, placing one hand on the cold railing, giving himself some leverage.

"Yeah, you know he and Jimin are supposedly a thing, rumors been goin' around for about a week now. Say they got together before the big rally." Namjoon tsked, sending Jeongguk another smile.

"I-I honestly thought Jimin and Yoongi had something going on." Jeongguk shyly admitted, shying away from Namjoon's gaze, and he wasn't lying. He genuinely thought they were together, seeing as they would coincidentally show up at the training facility covered in marks.

Letting out a big huff, Namjoon pushed himself up, using the bars as support bouncing back and forth as he hopped back off of them, "I could see how?—I mean they seem pretty close to me. But I'm going to my dorm if you wanna hang, smoke some pot, light up a few blunts that I got from Jin."

"You know I can't do drugs, I got a big fight in a month. Coach is gonna be on my ass if I do." Jeongguk whined, a soft pout on his lips at the thought.

Sighing, Namjoon pressed himself up against Jeongguk, resting his head on his shoulder. Giving his ear a chaste kiss, nibbling one of the many piercings that decorated his ears, "Well if you stop by, we can do something else." Namjoon singsonged into his ear.

Chuckling lightly, Jeongguk softly shoved Namjoon away from him, dancing on his heels as he turned to face him, sending a cheeky smile his way as he crossed his hands over his chest, "I have class tomorrow." Jeongguk grumbled.

"Well, then I'll be sure to make it worth your while." Namjoon drawled, dimples showing as he displayed his chalky white teeth.

"Promise?" Jeongguk jokingly questioned.

"All that and then some." Namjoon hummed, biting his plump lower lip as he made his way to the other, making sure to get a stronghold on his waist.

"I think I'd like that then." Jeongguk purred, wrapping his free arm around Namjoon's neck, pulling him down until their lips met.