Chapter 8

After a bit of walking, we found ourselves back inside the cell. I let out a sigh, never in my life would I have thought I'd be relieved to be back behind the bars. Mark walked me over to the part of the wall closer to the lit area near the bars before gently setting me down. I let out a sigh to be sitting down, my legs were sore as hell. Mark sat down just about a few feet away from me and rubbed the back of his neck.

I leaned my head against the wall and looked up at the ceiling "Mark, I know we just met," I said, "But I think you own me some sort of explanation backstory or some crap like that."

"Yeah about that," He paused "I don't exactly know anymore then you do."

I could call his bluff from a mile away "Tell the truth Mark, I know you you know more then your letting on." I said

"Okay, look," He snapped "All I know is that I blackout randomly and when I wake up someone is always hurt. That's all I know-'

"And that's all I needed," I said in an attempting to calm him

It seemed to work, but I wasn't sure how long that would last. I pushed myself off the ground and walked over to the bars, Mark's eyes following me. 

"What are you do-"

"You said his name was Dark, right." I looked back at him and assumed I was right due to his tense posture "You don't have to answer that."

He nodded as I returned to my examination, which seemed to spark Mark's curiosity.

"What are you doing?" He asked

I shrugged "I honestly don't know," I said, "I'm hoping I can find a way out of this place so we can escape."

Mark shook his head "I've tried everything," He said  hopelessly "Nothing works."