Capture

Light. Luffys eyes slid open to reveal white. Confused, Luffy rubbed his eyes vigorously and sat up. Well, he tried to anyways.
"Stop squirming" said a gruff voice. Luffy looked around for the source, and reality, soon took its hold and Luffy realised he was simply being piggybacked by grandpa Garp.
"Where're we going, old man?" Luffy asked, hanging from the side of Garps back, only Garps hands from stopping him hitting the floor.
Bonk. "Owww..." Luffy yelled. "What was that for!?"
Garp put Luffy down, and relaxed his wrists.
"What do you mean, 'what was that for' you little squirt! Im grandpa, not old man!" He huffed.

                                 * * * * *

Soon the boarded a small dingy and headed off the mainland. Luffy took a small nap whilst Garp thought about what to do. He'd heard an infamous pirate liked to party round on the island, but he'd only have to hope that the man steered clear of Makino and her party bar. That man could influence anyone given the chance. He signed.

                                * * * * * *

The boat gently rocked to a stop as they reached the dock of a small island, not too far from the coast of Goa Kingdom. It looked cosy and pleasant at a glance. Garp shook Luffy lightly to wake him. Luffy didn't take to this well, and instead of waking up, simply punched Garp.
"You little shit" though Garp.
As soon as Luffy woke Garp took his hand and led him through the crowded streets of what seemed to be known as windmill village. Bustling crowds of villages stopped on their way around the town, giving a wave to Garp and wishing him well, Garp returning it. Luffy wasn't too focused on this, mainly as he seemed to be in a haze of some sorts. He snapped out of it quickly as Garp came to a halt. Luffy did too, but was then dragged on his back as Garp walked through the saloon doors. Instantly the bustling street noise left Luffys ears, and was replaced by the quiet of the rushing sea.
"Hello Makino" said Garp. Luffy went on his tiptoes and tried to peer over the counter, only to be met by the eyes of a pretty lady, holding a sweet smile on her face.
"Why hello Garp." She said. "What can i do for you?"
Garp scratched his skull "well its kinda a big favour to ask. You see, i have to return to the navy, but im not sure what to to with this little tyke" he said, ruffing Luffys hair.
"Would you look after him for me?"
The lady, or rather Makino, peered over from her counter and gave Luffy a warm smile.
"He seems a sweet child" she replied. " Im sure i can look after him."
Garp sighed. Thank god. "Ill leave him with you then, goodbye for now"
And with that, Garp was out the door.

                                  * * * * *                                     
         ~time skip few weeks later~
It was past midnight when Luffy woke to ravenous screaming and heat built like a walls cornered Luffy, he woke suddenly as he felt Makino grab him and she started running, her breathing jagged.
"Makino, wha"
"Shhhhh" Makino whispered." If you speak to loud, they might hear us"
'They?' Was Luffys only thought. Suddenly Makino threw Luffy onto a boat with some food. Luffy just looked at her with question.
She crouched down, and tossed a blanket over Luffy.
"Makino"
"This is to make sure you are not seen, Luffy. Im so sorry" tears streaked down her face "this is goodbye." And with a strong push she pulled the boat out to sea.
What had just happened, Luffy hadn't a clue. All he knew was Makino wasn't safe.
That terrified him.
                                  * * * * *

Makino watched as the boat got further and further away, an empty pit, slowly filling with dread. 'I hope you are safe Luffy...' she thought, as she was dragged from behind and throw into a boat.
"Welcome" said a voice filled with what can only be described as the devils luck
"To your own personal hell."
Then all was black.

~word count:681~