Don't Go...I'm Here (Chapter 15)

~Third Person P.O.V~

"Hey Kei, did you have a nice time with Lance?" Krolia asked, scrubbing away at a juice stain on the counter.

It had gotten somewhat late, somewhere around ten o'clock, but he was still buzzing with energy from their little backyard date. Krolia, being the amazing mother that she is, helped him set up the fort, taking time off work to do so- even though she really wasn't supposed to.

Which reminded her-

"Speaking of Lance, I still have to see his mother- I told her I would come by later on tonight." She said, more to herself than Keith. "You wanna come Kei? It'll give me a chance to see that expensive ass necklace you bought with my money." She said sternly, adding a playful wink at the end.

She was still curious as to what the necklace looked like.

"Sure- it was not that expensive only just a little..." He trails off, already pulling on his sneakers.

"And just to make sure, they don't know that you guys are dating right?" Krolia shot back, grabbing her keys and leading out the door.

"Yep!"

The car ride was silent, which was to be expected from the two. All Krolia needed was for Mrs. McClain to sign a few papers, which really meant she was getting a surprise promotion at the clinic. From nurse to Doctor, seeing as though she just finished medical school in Summer. 

Not long after they began driving they pulled into the McClain residence. But something about it felt off- the front door was wide open, someone was sitting on the porch loudly talking into a phone, they could see a few people inside the house pacing back and forth.

Quickly they pulled into the driveway, taking notice that their car is gone, Krolia rushed to the porch with curiosity, Keith, however, had a bad feeling about the whole ordeal.

"Marco? What happened?" Keith asked Marco had tear streaks down his face painting his skin, he had just hung up the phone- he seemed to be out of it.

"It's Lance..." Was all he whispered before breaking down into tears again.

Keith's stomach dropped, just an hour ago they were watching Bambi, and cuddling- what happened? Quickly the two raced into the house, and that's when Keith lost it.

Veronica was rocking back and forth hugging her knees, Rosa was on the phone speaking hurriedly while tending to a small cut on her cheek. But in the middle of the living room, a large pile of blood stained the carpet, some parts still glistening in the light- it was clearly fresh.

"Wha- who's...where's Lance?" Keith whispered out, his breath hitching in the back of his throat, he had a bad feeling about this. "WHERE'S LANCE!?"

Slowly, Veronica looked up at him and shook her head, "We don't know," she cried her shoulder shaking with the oncoming sobs. 

"We were a- all upstairs, Lance came home and- and then we heard yelling...then a scream," Luis explained from the couch, his voice wavering. "I came downstairs first and- he was on the floor, bleeding with a knife in his stomach, and then d- dad picked him up...and he left with him."

By then Keith was already in tears, Krolia was talking with Rosa- trying to see if she remembered where exactly the stab wound was- to see how long Lance haves until he bleeds out and dies.

"I have a tracker,"

"What? Keith what the hell are you talking about?" Krolia asked, already calling the cops, even though they already did.

"The necklace- that's why it was so expensive...I have a tracker on it." He mumbled, in a daze whilst he pulled it up on his phone.

"Why do you even have a tracker on him?" Rosa asked, feeling a bit cheeped out by the whole situation- but not too much seeing as though they could find her son.

"Because you husband is a bastard father who sent his son to a conversion camp when he was thirteen- and I didn't feel comfortable with leaving my soulmate in a house with someone who would do that to their child! Now stop asking damn questions and let's go!" Keith yelled, all of them running out and piling into the car.

-------------------------------------

His breathing was the only thing that filled the car, shallow and labored breaths, heaving in and out. He could feel himself dying, but the worst part is- it felt like it was taking forever for it to happen.

Lance was in the backseat, his father driving at crazy speeds in a drunken daze- his blood had already painted the seats, leaving only the sight of dark red. His vision was slowly blurring, certain shapes and colors he saw mixing together, creating the blurriest of blobs. 

He just wished it hadn't ended like this.

That he would never get to tell his family he loved them.

They would probably never get to say goodbye- and neither would he.

Mama.

Luis.

Marco.

Veronica.

....Keith. 

He began coughing, sputtering on the blood that resided in his mouth from being punched. Groaning he closes his eyes, trying to focus on his breathing- trying so damn hard to keep it even and steady.

If was going to die- he would go out trying to prolong his death.

Before his mind could process anything something hit the car- hard. He jerked in his seat as the car came to a stop, letting out a cry of pain when the knife dug a little deeper into his skin. Lance heard the faint sound of his father cursing, a few seconds later the door flung open.

Muffled sounds of yelling lightly coated his eardrums, then heard it- Keith's voice. Even when he sounds angry it still sounds so beautiful to him.

He felt something cold on his face, then droplets of water falling onto his cheeks.

"Lance- baby I'm here...see? Don't leave just yet, you- you're gonna be okay. Don't go...I'm here." Keith sobbed, pulling the Cuban boy close to him.

"Keith...I- I...Love...y- you,"

"No no- Lance please no. Fuck! Please don't leave me- I can't- don't make me lose you please." Keith sobbed, his tears clouding his eyesight completely.

Slowly, Lance closed his eyes, letting out a quiet breath.

H-Hey guys...

I fucking cried bitch- why must I do this to myself?

Just one more chapter left then the epilogue, Idk if I'll get them both done today but we'll see.