🥀second chances🥀 (boyf)

the long awaited part two to wilted :)

go read part one first!!!

a little about this au before anyone questions why michael is so upset, or just questions anything in general.

this au is one my friend had made. it's a soulmate one cause we don't know originality.
everyone has a flower crown on their head. it's permanent, you're not able to take it off. you and your soulmate have matching colours, those being your soulmate's favourite colour.
fate can mess up the system, as it's not very kind. one person, in this situation, michael, can have the same soulmate, but their soulmate, in this case jeremy, can have a different one.
when your soulmate and you start dating, your petals will fall off nicely, like an autumn tree.
if your soulmate rejects you, your petals will shrivel up and die, and you will have vines with thorns poking at you all the time.
in rare instances, these circumstances have made people die, but again, it is rare.

that was just some info on this au :)
you may continue your reading~

-🥀-

previously on wilted..
--
"micha....?"

michael snatched the flower crown from jeremy and started running away, only to be pulled back by the taller boy.

"i know. i-i'm a liar and terrible and now you hate me and i-i'm s-"

jeremy pulled the smaller boy into a hug, surprising and hushing him.

michael started sobbing into jeremy's chest.

jeremy had found out.

his life was over.

his friendship with the freckled boy?

over.

or so he thought...

--

jeremy lifted up the shorter male's head by his chin.

"why didn't you tell me?"

michael looked around, as if something else would answer for him.

"i thought you'd would've.. reacted badly. s-since you're with christine, and i thought it might've weirded you out," he explained slowly, waiting for a reaction.

jeremy let michael go, blinking slowly.

"and you thought i would've just ended our friendship? just like that? that's... kinda stupid. but i guess.. reasonable."

the taller boy shrugged, sighing and stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"i don't hate you, micha. never can and never will. this doesn't change our friendship, and it hopefully never will," jeremy smiled at michael, making him smile back.

michael hugged jeremy, letting tears flow down his cheeks. they were happy tears this time.

jeremy hugged michael back, running his fingers through the caramel coloured boy's hair.